8000 - QA AWS Practice Lead - Based in Columbus, Cincinnati, Detroit or Chicago or Boston w/ 70% Travel Required
Columbus or Cincinnati OH, Detroit or Chicago or Boston
Would you like to be part of a team focused on helping customers in a "once in a generation" shift to the cloud and AWS. NorthBay is a 300 person fast growing AWS Cloud-based Professional Services firm helping customers build solutions for data platforms and analytics, ML/Ai, DevOps, Database Migrations and custom application development and modernization. Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help grow NorthBay as a key technology provider to the Enterprise?
NorthBay is seeking technically savvy hands-on Big Data Solutions Architects to implement solutions for our customers working with our offshore engineering team. In this role, you will collaborate with NorthBay customers, some working onsite, understand requirements and needs, translate into specifications to develop solutions, drive work with offshore engineering teams, and deliver solutions and results to the customer. This includes assessing customer needs, re-engineering business intelligence processes, designing and developing data models, and sharing your expertise throughout the deployment process.
As NorthBay continues to service its customer in delivering AWS-based solutions we are seeking a QA Practice Lead that has the breadth and depth of skills to assist our customers and internal team members in driving automated testing for our data and migration projects. The selected candidate will have demonstrated the ability to implement a tools-based framework that supports full lifecycle testing for data, infrastructure and code in support of our data lake, data migration and software modernization customer initiatives in an AWS environment.
What Are The Roles And Responsibilities Of A QA Leader?
The QA leader is one who is like a co-captain of the ship who shares an equal responsibility for getting software out to the customers with high quality, on schedule and matching the expectations. As a QA lead, there are multiple roles and responsibilities which need to be taken care of. The functional role of QA lead is to lead the quality assurance department of any industry. Quality is the backbone of any commercially successful product which directly implies that the quality assurance team in any user-facing product play a very significant role. A QA leader has to have several feathers in his/her cap and play different roles depending on the need. He/She has to ensure that their team of QA engineers are on the right track all the way through the project, resolving conflicts across team, review the schedules and plans, mitigation of the risks, checking quality in phases, update management , build a challenging and motivation environment. It is essential that the Quality Assurance Lead has significant experience testing and deploying data lake/data projects using AWS.
Defining Quality Metrics
- Defining quality standards and metrics for the current project/product.
- Working with all stake holders to ensure that the quality metrics are reviewed, closed and agreed upon.
- Make the QA team aware of the Quality matrix and resolve all the queries.
- Create a list of milestones and checkpoints and set measurable criteria’s to check the quality on timely basis.
Defining Testing Strategies
- Defining processes for test plan and several phases of testing cycle.
- Planning and scheduling several milestones and tasks like alpha and beta testing.
- Ensuring all development tasks meet quality criteria through test planning, test execution, quality assurance and issue tracking.
- Work closely on the deadlines of the project. Ensure the team is focusing on automation along with manual testing.
- Keep raising the bar and standards of all the quality processes with every project.
- Set processes for test plan reviews and ensure that that test plans get reviewed by all stakeholders.
- Push team continuously to innovate.
- Review test strategies and see that all the various kinds of testing like unit, functional, performance, stress, acceptance etc. are getting covered.
- Set Quality standards for the teams in various new testing technologies in the industry. This may include finding new strategies for automation testing and day to day work processes like agile and scrum.
- Building up a team and choosing right number and skill set of resources.
- Assign various tasks to the engineers as per strength of individual.
- Setting up goals and objectives for the QA TeamMotivating team and taking informative quick decisions.
- Finding and arranging behavioral , functional, non-functional training needs for the teamCoordinate activities which enforce quality improvements. Resolving conflicts among team members.
- Maintaining cordial relationships between cross functional teams like development, configuration management, program management, product managers etc.
- Negotiating with upper management with influential skills to buy in the ideas.
- Ensure that a highly motivated environment is created in the team.
- Reviewing status reports from team managers and taking appropriate actions accordingly.
- Should be focal point of contact for the QA team for all the escalations related to testing and Quality assurance.
- Sending crisp and clear status to the higher management.
- Creating and defining risks contingencies and plans.
- Seeking feedback from management when and wherever necessary.
- Understanding and defining areas to calculate the overall risk to the project.
- Creating strategies to mitigate those risks and take necessary measures to control the risks.
- Awareness to all the stake holders for the various risks. Create backup plans for all the testing strategies.
- Have team meetings at appropriate times to understand & review the current risks and motivate team to resolve the same.
- Ensure that the several testing and validation processes are improved continuously.
- Motivate team to improve the efficiency so that the time saved can be used in different work areas.
- Challenge the team continuously to move towards automation for all daily worksPublish the improvements to all the stakeholders and depict the improvements using data points.
- Create quarterly milestones for yearly improvement projects and set deadlines for the team to complete them.
- Work with the development team to ensure that the quality engineers get apt support like automation hooks or debug builds where ever and whenever possible.
- Ensure several quality improvement tools are part of the development cycle, in case of conflicts resolve via upper management.
A Quality Head has numerous responsibilities as he/she has to make sure that there is no gap between quality release and quality perceived by the end user. He/She has to continuously improve himself/herself and his/her team to match the new technology, testing techniques and methodologies of the market.
This position can be located in Columbus or Cincinnati, OH or Detroit or Chicago or Boston w/ 70% travel required.