149 - Sr. Architect
NorthBay Solutions is an Advanced Consulting Partner for AWS.
NorthBay was the first AWS Partner to achieve the “Big Data” competency from AWS. NorthBay was also the first AWS Partner to achieve the “ML/AI” competency from AWS. A significant portion of our projects are joint projects with “AWS Professional Services”. Both our CTO and our VP ML/AI previously worked at AWS. NorthBay has opened an office in Sri Lanka, and we will be hiring 300 AWS Cloud Engineers in Colombo.
We have offices in U.S.A, Canada, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Turkey (in-process) and Costa Rica (in-process).Our previous projects include database migrations, data lakes, ML/AI, DevOps and modern serverless applications for some of the largest and most progressive companies in the world. We need rock stars that love creativity, have a passion for excellence, and strive to be the best. We are seeking an experienced, technically savvy “Sr. Architect”.
Candidates do NOT need to be an expert on AWS Cloud technologies. We will train you to be an AWS Cloud Solutions architect. Our U.S. team has Solutions Architects that previously worked at AWS, and NorthBay will “train and mentor” our Lahore bases Sr. Architects.
We are looking for a technical expert having 14+ years of experience who can stand shoulder to shoulder with top local and foreign architects and can be company's ambassador for technical excellence. Such an individual should have:
- Technical depth and a track record of solving difficult technical problems.
- Desire to learn new AWS Services and AWS Architectural Patterns from our U.S. Team.
- Desire to “teach” AWS skills to offshore engineering teams.
- Enjoy explaining the benefits & trade-offs of different “Cloud Architecture patterns”.
- Listening skills
- Hiring and Training the best local engineers
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Will be confronted with solving the toughest technical challenges.
- Will work with team and guide them into proposing solutions that can withstand customer’s scrutiny.
- Will be a champion of engineering excellence and will architect strategies and processes that ensure our technical competitiveness.
- Will help build a team of senior technical leads and architects through whom company can continue to deliver high-quality solutions in challenging technical domains.
- Will act as a mentor and inspirational figure for engineers.
- Loves technology and will not be afraid to jump in and dirty his hands if the situation demands.
- Should be able to travel to our key customers and meet with their technical architects and establish our technical credibility.
- Implement software development best practicesHelp develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Be an active part of the leadership team and collaborate with other leaders in the organization
Must Have Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Equivalent
- Minimum 14 years of software industry experience
- Extensive experience architecting, designing and programming complex & scalable applications.
- Preferably, in a Cloud environment (but this is NOT a requirement).
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
- Programing skills in: Python, Java, Node.js, or .NET
- Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows
- Deep appreciation of “engineering quality”
- Extensive experience with “code reviews”
- Ability to work across teams, including on-shore and off-shore.
- Successful leadership of software development teams
- Desire and ability to quickly learn new technologies and skills
- Good communication and presentation skills.
Nice to Have Skills & Experience:
- Hands on experience with AWS services.