US 135 - AWS Database Migration Specialist - DB2
Boston or Virginia or NC or Columbus or Cincinnati, OH or Detroit or NY or NJ /
Would you like to be part of a team focused on helping customers in a "once in a generation" shift to the cloud and AWS. NorthBay is a 300 person fast growing AWS Cloud-based Professional Services firm helping customers build solutions for data platforms and analytics, ML/Ai, DevOps, Database Migrations and custom application development and modernization. Do you have the business savvy and the technical background necessary to help grow NorthBay as a key technology provider to the Enterprise?
NorthBay is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth, strong interpersonal, and business acumen to drive enterprise transformation and lead a portfolio of large-scale application development projects and migrations. As part of our AWS Database Migration Practice, you will help organizations understand best practices around advanced AWS-based solutions, and how to migrate existing applications and associated databases to AWS. In this role, you would be part of leading a complex and ambitious program to build our solutions and capabilities within the Database Migration Practice, as well as elevating the technical execution and delivery.
The successful candidate must have exceptional problem-solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated technical experience leading cross-functional teams. We are looking for a proven leader with the ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous projects.
- Employ customer facing skills to represent NorthBay well within the customer’s environment and drive discussions with technical and business teams
- Analyze on premise database environments such as DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL and/or Postgres, evaluate and plan migrations to AWS RDS, Aurora
- Develop/Enhance database PLSQL scripts to migrate from source database to target database
- Identity workarounds for specific issues and corner scenarios observed during migration
- Automate solutions for repeatable problemsDevelop test plan and testcases to demonstrate database readiness post migration
- Work closely with application teams to ensure business functionality and SLAs are metHelp design and implement AWS RDS and Aurora architectures and configurations for customer
- Work closely with AWS RDS, Aurora, DMS and SCT tools to help ensure the success of project consulting engagements with customer
- Consult for optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance
- Develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems
- Conduct technical sessions for internal teams, partners and customers
- 10+ years of experience in database development/migration using PL/pgSQL
- Must have development experience on DB2 5+ years hands-on experience on PostgreSQL
- Experience with databases of 1-10TB in size across multiple database platforms (e.g. PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, MariaDB, etc.)
- Experience with heterogenous database migrations from one database engine to another
- Experience in performance optimization techniquesB
- achelor's degree in Computer science or equivalent
- AWS Solutions Architect CertifiedHigh end Troubleshooting and Communication skills
- Scripting language (bash, Perl, python)
- Experience in Database Administration – backup/restore, replication, etc.
- Experience in ETL workflow management
- Experience in non-relational databases – DynamoDB, Mongo, etc.
- Experience in MPP data warehouse solutions – Redshift, Greenplum, etc.
This position can be located in Boston or Virginia or NC or Columbus or Cincinnati, OH or Detroit or NY or NJ.