Senior Blockchain Developer
Canada, Remote /
WHO WE ARE
Northern Labs is on a mission to lower the barrier to entrepreneurship in Canada and help companies grow to a massive scale. As a Venture Studio, we use our deep technology expertise, capital, and vast network to assist founders in turning ideas into viable companies. In addition, we partner with top-tier venture-backed startups to build out highly scalable, enterprise-grade products and platforms.
We specialize in Blockchain, Fintech, Marketplaces, Analytics, and Gaming and bring the expertise from building and scaling some of the best companies in the portfolios of Sequoia, Andreessen Horowitz, Battery Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, GGV Capital, and Altos Ventures.
We are looking for a talented Senior Developer with mobile or web experience and a passion for working with blockchain technologies to join our growing team. This position is best suited for someone with experience in Ethereum-based token development (ERC20), dAPP architecture, and/or blockchain exchange systems. Ideally, we’re seeking someone with the ambition to lead projects and pioneer the adoption of new technologies.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- You will architect and author Ethereum smart contracts in Solidity and collaborate with security auditors reviewing these contracts.
- Participate as a hands-on technical leader, building product features and making decisions with software architects to shape the way our technology is built.
- Communicate with external teams and customers to help implement features and coordinate product changes.
- Give advice and guidance to various teams based on the topic of blockchain technologies and drive architectural conversations.
- Be accountable for development deliverables and guiding team tasking.
- Work with engineering leads to define scope, deliverables, and identify project risks and mitigations.
- Act as a technical authority and advocate for blockchain technologies. Educate managers, peers, and key stakeholders on possibilities and limitations in the space.
- Learn and stay competitive with industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices.
- Ambition, eagerness to learn, a positive attitude, and the ability to work within a team environment.
- 8+ years experience in a senior software development role.
- 4+ years of experience working on web development projects in a senior or lead role.
- Systems engineering experience with distributed tech stacks.
- Practical experience with and a strong understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with cryptography and its application in reference to anonymity and security within technology.
- Experience with optimization in large scale systems.
- Experience building and managing distributed systems.
- Experience with known blockchain technologies (Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc.).
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to communicate complex ideas to both team mates and non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience working with Scrum/Agile development practices and teams to develop and release products.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in a team setting and experience communicating with remote teams.
- Experience working within technical teams on live or shipped projects.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development tools and processes relevant to one of the following languages (C, C++, Python).
- Strong competence of version control systems and industry standard workflows (GitFlow, GitHub Flow, etc.).
- Previously shipped products using blockchain technology.
- Experience in a fast paced startup environment.
- Experience working with consensus methods.
- Degree in mathematics or cryptography.
- Experience managing a shipped product using databases and backend technologies.
- Strong desire to learn new skills.
- Social skills collaborating with both internal and external stakeholders solving complex problems.
- Apply To Position
Northern Labs is on a mission to lower the barrier to entrepreneurship in Canada and help companies grow to massive scale. As a Venture Studio, we use our deep technology expertise, capital and vast network to assist founders in turning ideas into viable companies. In addition, we partner with top tier venture backed startups to build out highly scalable, enterprise grade products and platforms.
We specialize in Blockchain, Fintech, Marketplaces, Analytics and Gaming and bring the expertise from building and scaling some of the top companies in the portfolios of Sequoia, Andreessen Horowitz, Battery Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, GGV Capital and Altos Ventures.