Venture Studio /
WHO WE ARE
Northern Labs is on a mission to lower the barrier to entrepreneurship in Canada and help companies grow to a massive scale. As a Venture Studio, we use our deep technology expertise, capital, and vast network to assist founders in turning ideas into viable companies.
We specialize in blockchain, fintech, marketplaces, analytics, and gaming, and partner with top-tier venture-backed startups to build out highly scalable, enterprise-grade products and platforms.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking a talented and ambitious individual to join our Founders-In-Residence program. As the FIR at Northern Labs, you will work closely with our Venture Studio team to form and launch a venture-backed startup. Our Venture Studio team is focused on building secure decentralized products and dApps. We need driven individuals who are ready to take on difficult challenges in frontier technologies.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Your task is to bring new ideas to the table. Northern Labs will provide mentorship, engineering talent, and funding. Together, we will identify and validate a compelling vision for a venture backable business. We will work with you to build and launch the product and accompany you in hiring the team and gaining traction in the market. You will:Work closely with engineering, design, and other stakeholders to define your product vision.Work with our team to solve difficult problems across multiple areas of expertise.Aid in the design and validation of a business model through market research.Research new GTM ideas and methods.Harness this target persona information to build and enhance product features.
- Ambition, eagerness to learn, a positive attitude, and the ability to work within a team environment.
- Passion for making excellent products in real world conditions.
- Experience in fintech, a startup environment, gaming, or SaaS, preferably in an early stage, venture-backed startup.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to communicate complex ideas to both team mates and non-technical stakeholders.
- Desire to be a venture-backed co-founder (CEO, COO, CPO, etc.).
- Experience pitching investors and raising capital (or as an investor).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, or a related field of study.
- Must be able to travel to Toronto periodically.