Senior Frontend Developer
Canada, Remote /
WHO WE ARE
Northern Labs is on a mission to lower the barrier to entrepreneurship in Canada and help companies grow to massive scale. As a Venture Studio, we use our deep technology expertise, capital and vast network to assist founders in turning ideas into viable companies. In addition, we partner with top tier venture backed startups to build out highly scalable, enterprise grade products and platforms.
We specialize in Blockchain, Fintech, Marketplaces, Analytics and Gaming and bring the expertise from building and scaling some of the best companies in the portfolios of Sequoia, Andreessen Horowitz, Battery Ventures, Bain Capital Ventures, GGV Capital and Altos Ventures.
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking talented frontend developers to join our growing team. As a frontend developer at Northern Labs, you will be working in close collaboration with backend and blockchain development teams to create scalable cloud solutions with ledger technologies and web products.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Writing clean, modern, testable code
- Ship high quality products and features with an end-to-end mindset from conception to delivery and production support
- Design, develop and implement complex web applications using modern technologies including TypeScript, ReactJS, NextJS, GraphQL, CSS etc.
- Understand user experience (UX)
- Implement production-ready code replicating provided designs with high degree of fidelity
- Ambition, eagerness to learn, a positive attitude, and the ability to work within a team environment.
- Passion for making excellent products in real-world conditions.
- At least 4 years experience working on frontend development projects.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to communicate complex ideas to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong skills and experiences in react, react-native.
- Good at CSS, SASS/LESS, and Style skills.
- Strong competence in version control systems and industry-standard workflows (GitFlow, GitHub Flow, etc.).
- Familiarity with development environment best practices.
- Building complex interactions in a performant way, with a high degree of polish.
- Authoring resilient code that conforms with accessibility requirements and follows progressive enhancement methodologies.
- Providing highly effective code reviews and peer mentorship.
- Curiosity and passion to constantly learn new things; changes happen fast, and we need the people who work here to be able to change and learn fast too.
- Working with modern web stacks (transpilers, linters, build and CI tools, etc.).
- At least a bachelor's degree in computer science, or a related field of study.
BONUS IF YOU HAVE
- 2 or more years experience in a senior software development role.
- Experience with known blockchain technologies (Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc.).
- Experience with financial systems or other highly secure services.
- Experience communicating with remote teams.
- Unix/Linux development environment experience.