San Francisco, CA
Research and Development
Our mission is to change the way cancer is treated, which starts with putting patients first. We’ve developed a personalized treatment service for cancer patients that prioritizes combinations of FDA-approved treatments that can be immediately prescribed by a doctor.
Focusing on individual patients and existing treatments, we’re discovering novel uses of drugs and defining mechanisms underlying development of cancer progression and drug resistance. Using modern data science and robotics, we’re building a scalable, iterative model that ultimately will turn treatment selection into a data problem.
We’re backed by some of Silicon Valley’s most respected investors, including Y Combinator, Founders Fund, First Round Capital, as well as prominent angels and seed-stage funds, and Accelerate Brain Cancer Cure, a venture philanthropy firm founded by Steve Case (the founder of AOL). Our lab and offices are centrally located in San Francisco’s SoMa district.
We’re currently looking for curious, inspired, entrepreneurial scientists to join our research and development team. We work in an incredibly fast-paced environment that thrives on creativity, learning, and innovation. Given our small size, you’ll be able to make valuable contributions to the goals and strategic direction of both the science team and the company broadly. Just as you are investing in us, we want to invest in you. Working alongside our existing team, you’ll have generous opportunities for personal and professional growth. As a member of a transformative translational medicine platform, you’ll personally have a direct impact on patient outcomes and the future of cancer care.
What we can offer you
- The chance to directly fight cancer, one patient at a time
- Exposure to experts from a diverse backgrounds ranging from engineering, data science, operations, clinical medicine, patient advocacy, and beyond
- Highly competitive, early stage company compensation package, with incredible growth opportunities
- Outstanding healthcare benefits and 401K
- Flexible vacation policy
Technical qualifications we're looking for in you
- Bachelor’s Degree in cell biology, molecular biology, or related field
- Technical background in molecular biology and/or cell biology
- 1-2+ years lab experience in cell biology, cancer biology, immunology or related field
- Experience culturing adherent and non-adherent mammalian cells
Non-technical qualifications we're looking for in you
- Compassion for cancer patients and passion for reinventing cancer treatment
- Hustle and relentless resourcefulness
- Excellent time management and creative problem solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Self-starting, flexible, positive mindset
- Strong written and oral communication skills and enthusiasm
- Collaborative, team-player attitude
- Master’s degree in cell biology, stem cell biology, immunology, molecular biology, or other related field
- Experience processing/culturing clinical biospecimens/mammalian primary cells
- Proficiency running flow cytometry based assays
- Background/experience in oncology (specifically, hematologic cancers or glioblastoma)