Director or Senior Director, Real Estate Operations Support
Closing Operations /
At Notarize, we’re pulling the future closer. As the first company to complete a legal online notarization, online mortgage closing, online will, online auto sale, and countless other critical transactions, we’re proud of our role in bringing industries into the digital age. Digital transformation at Notarize may require new products, new legislation, new partnerships, or new teams and new ways of working. We’ve never shied from doing whatever it takes to help people with life’s most important transactions, online, and we’re building the team to operate a critical platform company in tomorrow’s economy.
After years building the product and partnerships to offer a true online closing, our real estate business is growing exponentially. We work with many of the leading lenders, title companies, and proptech companies nationwide. Our award-winning products and services finally allow consumers to click to buy, sell, and finance a home online. Our tools for the industry finally allow organizations to reimagine a better customer experience for the digital age.
We need a new leader to bring our real estate offering to the next level. The goal: providing exceptional closing services to our lender and title partners at massive scale.
In this role, you will be responsible for the overall strategy in how we serve our lender and title clients’ transactions. After others on the team work to integrate, train, and launch a client, you and your team will partner with our customers’ front line closers and settlement agents, aligning our process to theirs, setting shared goals and success metrics, and continuously winning more business via the quality of our service. You will build a team that can simultaneously provide tier-one service to our most critical customers and a shared resource model for the long tail of our real estate clients. Ideally you can also help to influence our product roadmap. As we work to further improve upon our customer’s business processes, your knowledge of our customers’ operations will ensure we can consistently deliver value via new products and services.
This can be either a Director or Senior Director-level role, depending on the experience level of the right candidate.
As our Director of Real Estate Operations Support, you will:
- Lead our strategy and efforts to provide exceptional closing service, ensuring that every transaction meets our customers’ and industry/regulatory requirements.
- Partner with our customer success leadership and team to co-manage a portfolio of strategic partnerships, working closely with our partners’ closing and other transactional departments to proactively understand business processes and goals.
- Build and lead an org that fosters relationships and designs strategies that enable lenders and title partners to reach their goal of excelling in the digital closing space.
- Educate customers on digital closing best practices and introduce new business processes, workflows, and tools to help them achieve their goals.
- Partner internally with Product, Engineering, Customer Success, Support, Sales, Notary and Closing Operations to optimize the customer experience.
- Demonstrate and ensure Notarize’s value to the partner by consistently providing exceptional closing services, while shaping a strategy for the partnership that drives long-term engagement.
- Serve as the authority in the market for both the Notarize Platform and our partners’ strategic business processes and best practices.
- Build internal processes and an organization that greatly reduces transaction related issues, that’s also capable of running point on closing-related customer escalations, pulling in resources as needed to proactively and reactively resolve issues.
- Monitor team quality, accuracy, and efficiency through coaching and mentoring efforts to ensure adherence to internal and external requirements
What we're looking for:
- 10 years of relevant experience managing strategic partnerships in mortgage and/or title/settlement solutions.
- 5 years experience in mortgage originations and a solid end-to-end understanding of origination/closing processes.
- Ability to build strong, trusting relationships, up to and including c-level executives within the housing finance and title industries (mortgage originations, secondary market, title underwriting, etc).
- Experience building and managing teams in lender services.
- Demonstrated comfort in navigating quickly between strategic and tactical modes of operating - account strategy in the morning, transaction troubleshooting in the afternoon.
- Tenacity in making sure project tasks get completed on schedule, issues are resolved expediently, and internal relationships help move projects forward.
- Experience handling tight deadlines across multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for detail so that all the trains run on time.
- Ability to manage conflict and build strong working relationships, internal and external to the organization, across all levels of personnel.
- Comfort conversing with a broad group of lenders, mortgage technology vendors (software developers), and internal business areas to support problem resolution and workflow positioning.
- Ability to balance multiple high priorities and lead several time-sensitive projects at once in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction.
- Ability to inform product strategy from customer and partner feedback – must have good knowledge of all ecosystem partners such as warehouse lenders, servicing strategies, and secondary market investors.
- Enthusiasm for giving engaging high-level presentations at large conference events.
- A creative problem-solver who is willing and able to embrace challenges.
- A natural leader who enjoys teaching and coaching others.
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Paid parental leave
- Annual budget for personal learning & development
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Paid lunches (through Grubhub) & regular Lunch & Learn sessions
Our core values:
- Solve Problems That Matter: We serve some of the most important moments in people's lives. It's a responsibility we embrace by focusing obsessively on the issues that will have a quantifiable impact on our customers and our company growth.
- Yes Before No: We are optimistic about our ability to change lives by transforming outmoded processes. We believe our efforts can create a better future, and it is our attitude that will allow us to pull that future closer.
- Start With Why: We don't presume to understand the intentions of the people around us, whether coworkers or customers. We ask honest questions and listen to feedback in order to gain insight, build trust, and create memorable experiences.
- Stamp Together: We create a strong team and a welcoming workplace by valuing diverse perspectives. Every role in our organization is supported and valued equally, without regard to location or background.
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.