Director, Talent Acquisition
People Operations /
At Notarize, we’re pulling the future closer, bringing industries like real estate, automotive, and financial services into the digital age. We’re the first company to complete a legal online notarization, online mortgage closing, online will, online auto sale, and countless other critical transactions.
We’re proud to play an integral role for our customers -- from individuals to major enterprises -- in making life’s most important moments better.
Our business has grown exponentially (over 600%!) in the past year. In September 2021 we came in at #114 on Inc.’s list of the 5000 fastest-growing companies in the nation. We raised an additional $130 million in Series D funding in March of this year -- backed by industry behemoths like Capital G/Google, Citi, and Wells Fargo -- and we recently announced a major strategic partnership with Adobe.
Notarize is the pioneer and market leader in Remote Online Notarization (RON), and we’re building the team that will operate a critical platform in tomorrow’s fully-remote economy. Come join us!
Notarize is proud to be a fully-distributed, remote-first team. Employees can work from anywhere in the United States -- all 50 states and D.C too.
Notarize is looking for a Director of Talent Acquisition to lead its talent function and team of high-performing recruiters and sourcers. You’ll bring both your head and heart to the role - working to build and improve recruiting processes, create memorable experiences for candidates, implement and maintain recruiting technology, hold yourself and others accountable for established standards and drive overall talent strategy and execution.
We’re looking for a thoughtful and intentional leader, with a passion for DEI and the human experience. You’ll serve as an advocate and a resource for leaders and team members, helping to define and spread our talent brand, champion the candidate experience, and invest in the Notarize team. We’re hoping you are comfortable with ambiguity and speed, care deeply about solving problems that matter, and are excited about the Notarize mission of bringing trust online.
What you’ll do as a Director, Talent Acquisition at Notarize:
- Drive innovative strategies to attract diverse talent to Notarize, supporting ambitious quarterly and annual hiring goals.
- Cultivate a high performing, engaged and fulfilled team, providing them with the resources and support to do their best work.
- Design and continuously improve recruiting processes, always starting with why and setting out to solve problems that matter.
- Establish and evolve Notarize recruiting standards to deliver the highest possible candidate experience and hiring outcomes.
- Educate hiring managers on effective practices and Notarize expectations.
- Leverage hiring tech stack to generate best, most cost effective outcomes.
- Develop data insights to enhance strategy and impact.
- Design and distribute reporting to share progress and key milestones to organization.
- Develop impactful assets in partnership with leaders throughout Notarize that demonstrate our Employment Brand.
- Develop a capacity strategy that balances speed and quality.
- Partner closely with other functions within human resources to develop and execute a comprehensive talent strategy.
- Act as recruiting business partner to senior executives.
- Efficiently manage a book of senior requisitions.
What we’re looking for:
- Someone who brings a Big heart. Big Brain
- A servant leader with a no task too small, no picture too big mentality
- 10+ years of human resources/talent acquisition experience, ideally in a hyper growth technology/computer software environment; may come in the form of hiring manager and/or TA leadership experience.
- 5+ years of management experience, demonstrated track record of developing, coaching, and mentoring teams.
- Ability to support and influence leaders at all levels of the company.
- Strong business acumen and desire to learn the intricacies of Notarize’s business
- Demonstrated care for the candidate experience.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion; experience building a DEI strategy that increases diversity across the organization and fosters Notarize’s culture of inclusion.
- Expertise in developing recruiting processes & strategies, as well as implementing talent systems, tools, and technologies to enable recruiting success.
- Storytelling ability; experience in building a compelling talent brand and passion for sharing the Notarize story.
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- 401k with 4% match
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Fully-distributed team: work from anywhere in the U.S.
- Paid parental leave
- Annual budget for personal learning & development
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Paid lunches (through Grubhub) + regular Lunch & Learn sessions
Our core values:
- Solve Problems That Matter: We serve some of the most important moments in people's lives. It's a responsibility we embrace by focusing obsessively on the issues that will have a quantifiable impact on our customers and our company growth.
- Yes Before No: We are optimistic about our ability to change lives by transforming outmoded processes. We believe our efforts can create a better future, and it is our attitude that will allow us to pull that future closer.
- Start With Why: We don't presume to understand the intentions of the people around us, whether coworkers or customers. We ask honest questions and listen to feedback in order to gain insight, build trust, and create memorable experiences.
- Stamp Together: We create a strong team and a welcoming workplace by valuing diverse perspectives. Every role in our organization is supported and valued equally, without regard to location or background.
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.