QA Automation Engineer
There's going to come a day when you need to get something notarized. When that day comes, wouldn’t you rather do it from your kitchen? In the same time it takes to make a sandwich?
Notarize is the first on-demand transactional platform, allowing anyone to esign or notarize a document online and empowering businesses to send, track and collect notarizations. We're helping people execute the most important transactions of their lives and streamlining operations for countless industries.
As one of our QA Automation Engineers, you'll help us develop automated UI test frameworks, orchestration tools and test scripts for our products across web, iOS, and Android platforms. You’ll also design and execute manual and automated test scripts during our software development cycle.
Our culture revolves around our passion for our customers and their successes. At every step, you’ll be empowered to do whatever is necessary to ensure our products perform exceptionally and exceed our customers' expectations.
Note: This person in this role will start off as a Remote/WFH employee, but we'd ideally like someone in the greater Boston area so they can be part of the Boston office team, if and when our office does open back up.
- Our main back-end stack is based on Rails 5.2, Redis, and Postgres on AWS and Heroku. On the front-end we use React.js and GraphQL with Apollo, but we consider ourselves platform agnostic. A willingness to learn and experiment with new tech is much more important than hands-on experience with our current stack.
What you’ll do as our QA Automation Engineer:
- Work closely with product managers, software developers, and UX designers to understand customer requirements
- Translate requirements and acceptance criteria into tests and test scripts
- Analyze failed automated test runs, triage and debug things that are broken
- Build and enact detailed test plans and test cases
- Advocate for our end users by triaging bugs, tracking and reporting defects, and ensuring their timely resolution
- Develop a library of reusable UI and API functions of user behaviors used to uncover functional, performance and browser/platform compatibility issues
- Perform initial analysis for technical issues and work closely with engineers to reproduce and solve problems
- Validate new features and improvements to our apps
- Be on continual lookout for areas of improvement in the overall product release cycle
What we're looking for:
- Experience with Selenium and WebDriverIO (or similar tools and a willingness to learn)
- Experience with testing RESTFUL APIs or web-based applications in SaaS environments
- Experience with cross-browser compatibility testing methodologies and practices
- Familiarity with Jira, Git, and agile software development are all plusses
- Ability to work collaboratively within an inclusive team from a diverse range of backgrounds and disciplines
- Enthusiasm for finding and fixing broken things every single day
- A deep sense of customer empathy accompanied by the drive to make things better whenever possible
- Great attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Concern for quality and enjoyment in writing and executing tests
- Demonstrated aptitude for triaging, troubleshooting, and thoroughly testing complex systems
Our Engineering Culture:
- Learn it: Notarize has a strong focus on mentorship, with regular 1:1s, reviews, and check-ins to ensure that you are learning & growing as an engineer. Your manager will help you set personal goals, support your learning, and track your progress against those goals, to encourage you in the growth of your career, wherever it may take you.
- Communicate it: You'll be part of a small, cross-functional team (no silos) with a highly collaborative process that values thoughtful communication, not just with other engineers but with all parts of the organization.
- Ship it: We have a very tight (almost continuous) deployment cycle. We ship code 1x/week with some nightly builds (both web & mobile), with a focus on small features & improvements (no monster merges).
- Fix it: We’re a small startup with big plans, and there’s so much to do. Whether it’s an antiquated legal process, an edge-case user interaction, a quirky piece of code, or a desk that hasn’t been put together yet, we show up every day with the goal of digging in and leaving something better than we found it.
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Paid parental leave
- Annual budget for personal learning & development
- Small, cross-functional teamsStrong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Paid lunches (through Grubhub) & regular Lunch & Learn sessions
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.