Software Engineer - Full Stack
United States /
As the pioneer and market leader in remote online notarization, Notarize is bringing trust online and pulling industries like real estate, automotive and financial services into the digital age. We’ve built strategic partnerships with some of America’s biggest brands (Adobe and Transamerica, to name a few), and have been recognized and ranked on prestigious lists, like #24 on The Financial Times’ List of Fastest Growing Companies, #114 on Inc. Magazine’s 2021 Inc. 5000, and Built In's List for Best Remote-First Places to Work.
As a Full Stack Engineer at Notarize, you’ll be building intuitive, easy to use applications for individual customers trying to complete some of the most important transactions in their lives, as well as transaction creation and management features for large enterprise customers. The work will often focus on the real estate sector (lenders and title agents) and the specific features they need for smoothly managing and completing a high volume of real estate transactions.
What you’ll do as a Full-Stack Engineer:
- Work with our web apps with React framework, and backend with Ruby on Rails, Postgres through AWS RDS, Heroku, and GraphQL
- Collaborate with designers, developers across the stack, QA engineers, and product managers on a cross-functional team
- Design, build, extend, and support a highly available and scalable infrastructure
- Be involved in all phases of development, from ideation to release to tracking and analyzing the impact of shipped features
- Provide leadership and critical input on the design of our technologies and services across the stacks
- Specific experience with React and Ruby on Rails is a huge plus, but we will consider strong experience on similar frontend and backend technologies.
What we're looking for:
- Experience working with a team of engineers on product software development
- A love of problem solving, and delivering innovative product solutions to improve peoples’ experience using our product
- A willingness to learn in any part of the stack - from web interfaces to APIs, data layers and back-end services, and comfort with adapting to new technology and new opportunities
- A belief in good unit test coverage, strong test case scenarios - active consideration of the different ways features will be used
- An inclination towards actions and solutions
- The ability to work autonomously and own problems from end to endEffective communication and active listening skills, with a thoughtful, collaborative approach to problem-solving
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.