At Notarize, we’re pulling the future closer. As the first company to complete a legal online notarization, online mortgage closing, online will, online auto sale, and countless other critical transactions, we’re proud of our role in bringing industries into the digital age.
Our business has grown exponentially the past few months, as companies in a wide variety of industries look to us to help their customers get crucial legal transactions processed remotely. We're having all kinds of challenging (but interesting!) issues related to the scalability of our financial reporting processes, KPI tracking, and AP/AR functions, and that's where you come in.
Reporting to our VP, Finance, the Senior Accountant will help manage the general ledger and AP/AR functions at Notarize. You'll manage monthly and annual closing, own the financial statement audit with our external CPA firm, assist with implementing systems and policies, support financial reporting, and partner with business stakeholders on ad-hoc projects.
This role has an opportunity to grow into a Controller position.
What you’ll do as our Senior Accountant:
- Manage the day to day workflows of the accounts payable and accounts receivables functions.
- Drive the month-end close process and associated analysis, looking for ways to improve transparency and controls
- Prepare month-end accruals, journal entries and allocations for payroll, and other financial activities.
- Ensure that reconciliations, supporting schedules and analysis are completed on a timely basis and in accordance with the monthly closing schedule.
- Provide monthly and quarterly reporting to investors
- Develop financial projections and help build and maintain financial models.
- Ensure compliance with financial guidelines, company policies, and relevant legal regulations.
- Track KPIs and prepare insightful analysis, managing a regular cadence of reporting to members of the senior leadership team and board.
- Work with external auditors and prepare audit workpapers as requested.
- Serve as backup for Payroll processing and a resource on payroll-related compliance matters.
- Provide technical accounting assistance for special projects.
- Continuously look for opportunities to generate efficiencies and increase the effectiveness of financial operations.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience, preferably in a high tech/SaaS environment.
- Experience across a broad range of GAAP domains, including FP&A, forecasting, financial closing, reporting, and modeling.
- CPA, preferably with both public and private industry experience.
- Advanced Excel skills, including proficiency with pivot tables, vlookups and various other functions.
- Proficiency in GSuite, Office, and accounting and ERP tools (Quickbooks, Netsuite, Bill.com, etc.)
- Experience performing a significant portion or all of quarterly and yearly closes.
- Experience handling tight deadlines across multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for detail and accuracy.
- Ability to manage conflict and build strong working relationships across all levels of personnel.
- Ability to balance multiple high priorities and lead several time-sensitive projects at once in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction.
- Strong analytical skills and a creative, collaborative approach to problem-solving.
- Familiarity with SQL a plus.
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Paid parental leave
- Annual budget for personal learning & development
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Paid lunches (through Grubhub) & regular Lunch & Learn sessions
Our core values:
- Solve Problems That Matter: We serve some of the most important moments in people's lives. It's a responsibility we embrace by focusing obsessively on the issues that will have a quantifiable impact on our customers and our company growth.
- Yes Before No: We are optimistic about our ability to change lives by transforming outmoded processes. We believe our efforts can create a better future, and it is our attitude that will allow us to pull that future closer.
- Start With Why: We don't presume to understand the intentions of the people around us, whether coworkers or customers. We ask honest questions and listen to feedback in order to gain insight, build trust, and create memorable experiences.
- Stamp Together: We create a strong team and a welcoming workplace by valuing diverse perspectives. Every role in our organization is supported and valued equally, without regard to location or background.
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.