Enterprise Office /
At Notarize, we’re pulling the future closer. As the first company to complete a legal online notarization, online mortgage closing, online will, online auto sales, and countless other critical transactions, we’re proud of our role in bringing industries into the digital age.
Our business has grown exponentially (over 600%) in the past year, as companies in a wide variety of industries look to us to help their customers get crucial legal transactions processed remotely. We’ve been dealing with a number of challenging (but interesting!) scalability issues, as more and more global enterprise companies look to Notarize to help them speed up business processes and provide better customer service in a new, fully-remote world. We’re building the team that will operate a critical platform company in tomorrow’s economy. Come join us!
The BA’s role revolves around defining, validating, prioritizing requirements and driving feedback and approval on both business and technical requirements for the Notarize Platform and integration work. This role will be responsible for understanding, analyzing, and generating business, functional and technical requirements documents and translating those requirements to engineering, product management, legal, and other internal and external stakeholders for large initiatives.
What you'll do as a business analyst:
- Serve as an SME on large projects by performing in-depth analysis and documenting detailed, accurate business, and functional requirements. Translate these requirements to technical requirements and development plans/phased delivery roadmaps. Obtain sign-off from appropriate sponsors and leads on requirements.
- Bridge the gap between technology and business resources using data analytics to assess processes, deliver requirements and deliver data-driven recommendations.
- Validate system requirements against the business requirements.
- Facilitate UAT by creating test cases with traceability between the requirements, testing, and business process.
- Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of business and technical processes, applications, and customer needs. Understanding our technology solutions is critical.
- Work with the appropriate team members to troubleshoot issues and/or operational questions.
- Perform reviews to ensure successful implementation and work with stakeholders and team members to research and report on any issues.
- Build and maintain relationships with key business, technology, client, and department contacts involved in the initiatives. Manage expectations and promotes a constructive, positive team environment and maintains a demeanor of openness, information-sharing, inquisitiveness, problem-solving, and support for common goals.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years as a Business/Technical Analyst
- Extensive capabilities in requirements gathering and documentation
- Experience in stakeholder analysis, process modeling, workflow documentation, and requirements engineering
- Excellent facilitation, collaboration, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills, ability to reconcile initiatives with business strategy and goals, and competence with common analysis techniques
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel and business information to technical personnel; strong advocate for effective solutions
- Track record of being detail-oriented and capable of delivering a high level of accuracy
- Exceptional organizational skills; ability to define resource needs and establish priorities
- Ability and intellectual curiosity to learn and support new systems and applications
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- 401k with 4% match
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Fully-remote team: work from anywhere in the U.S.
- Paid parental leave
- Annual budget for personal learning & development
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Paid lunches (through Grubhub) + regular Lunch & Learn sessions
Our core values:
- Solve Problems That Matter: We serve some of the most important moments in people's lives. It's a responsibility we embrace by focusing obsessively on the issues that will have a quantifiable impact on our customers and our company growth.
- Yes Before No: We are optimistic about our ability to change lives by transforming outmoded processes. We believe our efforts can create a better future, and it is our attitude that will allow us to pull that future closer.
- Start With Why: We don't presume to understand the intentions of the people around us, whether coworkers or customers. We ask honest questions and listen to feedback in order to gain insight, build trust, and create memorable experiences.
- Stamp Together: We create a strong team and a welcoming workplace by valuing diverse perspectives. Every role in our organization is supported and valued equally, without regard to location or background.
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.