Senior Backend Engineer - Applied Machine Learning
United States /
As the pioneer and market leader in remote online notarization, Notarize is bringing trust online and pulling industries like real estate, automotive and financial services into the digital age. We’ve built strategic partnerships with some of America’s biggest brands (Adobe and Transamerica, to name a few), and have been recognized and ranked on prestigious lists, like #24 on The Financial Times’ List of Fastest Growing Companies, #114 on Inc. Magazine’s 2021 Inc. 5000, and Built In's List for Best Remote-First Places to Work.
Notarize is building a document classification system to help identify and route the millions of documents we ingest each year. As a member of the Document Automation Services team you will be building the engine that informs and optimizes many of Notarize’s current processes. You’ll work with large companies to identify their most common documents to automatically tag and process them, reducing manual intervention. You’ll work with sales to identify opportunities by looking at which documents are commonly uploaded to the platform. More than anything you will be asked what we’re missing and what can we do to make our product run more efficiently.
What you will do:
- Design, build, and maintain our document recognition servicesIdentify and model common document types
- Develop processes to identify model misses and retraining of assets
- Mentor junior engineers on best practices and design principles
- Lead and be led. We expect all of our senior developers to be able to lead projects as well as contribute to projects led by their peers.
- Build integrations with existing document classifiers, version strategy on classification, new document tags and labels
- Experience and desire to work on NLP projects
- Experience with Python and PyTorch3+ years of experience maintaining and developing web applications
- Experience working with a team of engineers on product development
- The ability to work autonomously and own problems from end to end
- Effective communication and active listening skills
Nice to haves:
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Experience with SageMaker and/or TensorFlow
- Experience with the development and maintenance of machine learning models in a cloud environment
$1,400,000 - $1,650,000 a year
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.