United States /
As the pioneer and market leader in remote online notarization, Notarize is bringing trust online and pulling industries like real estate, automotive and financial services into the digital age. We’ve built strategic partnerships with some of America’s biggest brands (Adobe and Transamerica, to name a few), and have been recognized and ranked on prestigious lists, like #24 on The Financial Times’ List of Fastest Growing Companies, #114 on Inc. Magazine’s 2021 Inc. 5000, and Built In's List for Best Remote-First Places to Work.
As our Data Engineer you will be part of our Growth and Insights team to boost Notarize’s fast growing business. The team ensures data driven decision-making throughout the company. You're a problem-solver, who uses both quantitative and qualitative methods to get things done. Your knowledge of data, along with deep business context, and willingness to take action will ensure our organization and Business Leaders are well-informed and able to make decisions backed by data.
What you'll do:
- Support the build out of Notarize back-end cloud infrastructure within AWS to drive operational excellence across entire organization
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines using the cloud data technologies, such as AWS, Snowflake, Python
- Execute high priority (i.e. cross functional, high impact) projects to scale revenue and inform our go-to-market strategy leveraging product event logs and data capture
- Leverage your advanced level skills in Python, ELT development, Machine Learning, Data Science, SQL, data modeling and data architecture to make an impact
- Develop and monitor performance indicators and analyze causes of unexpected variances. Work with team members to enhance global operational performance trends (historical and forecasted) using appropriate metrics and dashboards
- Support the design and development of framework based data integration and interoperability across multiple Notarize Business applications.
What we are looking for:
- This role is for doers; be able to get into the details and get the job done while at the same time being able to see the forest for the trees
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of communicating complex information in an easy to understand format. Able to interact comfortably with the cross functional leadership
- Ability to think creatively; Builder who is ambitious. Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Collaboratively-focused and able to work well with others in a fast-paced and growing businessExperience with Python, ELT development, Machine Learning, Data Science, and SQLExperience owning complex projects involving multiple teams and executive leadership
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Data Science or related areas
- 1+ years of relevant experience
Some of our benefits:
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- 401k with 4% match
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Fully-distributed team: work from anywhere in the U.S.
- Paid parental leave
- Annual budget for personal learning & development
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Paid lunches (through Grubhub) + regular Lunch & Learn sessions
Our core values:
- Solve Problems That Matter: We serve some of the most important moments in people's lives. It's a responsibility we embrace by focusing obsessively on the issues that will have a quantifiable impact on our customers and our company growth.
- Yes Before No: We are optimistic about our ability to change lives by transforming outmoded processes. We believe our efforts can create a better future, and it is our attitude that will allow us to pull that future closer.
- Start With Why: We don't presume to understand the intentions of the people around us, whether coworkers or customers. We ask honest questions and listen to feedback in order to gain insight, build trust, and create memorable experiences.
- Stamp Together: We create a strong team and a welcoming workplace by valuing diverse perspectives. Every role in our organization is supported and valued equally, without regard to location or background.
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.