Senior Director of Business Development
Denver, CO /
Who we are
At Notion, we help people protect the things they love most. Notion’s first product, a multi-purpose IoT sensor, paired with thoughtful data analytics and services, delivers peace of mind to empower anyone to live an easier, safer, better life. Much more than home security, our ability to collect and analyze incredible amounts of data from homes has already led to partnerships with a number of insurance companies.Our nimble team is made up of engineers, designers and business development experts. We're a motivated and passionate group of self-starters, excited to create solutions that truly make a difference in people's lives! Want to know more? Check us out at getnotion.com.
Notion is looking for a Senior Director of Business Development to lead our sales and partnership efforts, and to join our Senior Leadership Team. In your primary role, you will be accountable for all aspects of the sales organization including strategy iteration and refinement, partner discovery to inform product roadmap, growing and managing a team, selling into existing channels, expanding into new channels, growing our existing partnerships, working with marketing to develop outbound marketing and more. Most of our partnerships are with insurance, home service, mortgage and other related companies. We are looking for someone who will bring a strong understanding of insurance, property risk and property ownership to Notion.
This role is also a Senior Leadership Team position that requires you to be involved, engaged and passionate about building Notion beyond sales. You will be expected to help Notion accomplish our long term mission and will play a critical role in shaping our strategy, culture and success in the years to come! Bringing your prior experiences in startups and leading companies to the table will not be expected but welcomed by the rest of our Leadership and Management teams.
- Deliver and manage a sales strategy that aligns with company direction for growth, revenue and profit.
- Accountable for Notion’s active system growth and sales target metrics.
- Generate new sales prospects and opportunities, moving them from top of funnel to close.
- Grow and manage Sales and Partnerships teams.
- Define and manage channel strategy and priorities within each area.
- Work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment on the sales strategy.
- Frequently report findings from discovery with partners to all internal stakeholders.
- Work closely with the CEO, marketing and product teams on deal structures and product strategy. This will include an ongoing focus on discovery around product, pricing, recurring revenue opportunities and more.
- Deliver timely reporting on sales funnel and progress towards goals to the leadership team, broader Notion team and other senior leaders at Comcast.
- Actively participate and contribute Notion’s broader strategy, growth, culture and success as a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
- 10+ years of business development and sales leadership experience
- Experience selling to, or in, the insurance space
- Experience selling enterprise B2B clients
- Work in the IoT / smart home / consumer electronics space is a plus
- Experience working at fast-paced companies with small teams and large growth opportunities
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence at the executive level of internal and client organizations
- Demonstrated ability to clearly explain complex business and technical concepts
- Proven track record of exceeding sales goals
- Ability and willingness to travel to meet with partners (post-COVID of course!)
Notion is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, sex (including pregnancy and childbirth), sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.