Richmond, Greater London
We are notonthehighstreet. Home to over 5000 of the UK’s best small creative businesses, we have been changing the online retail landscape since 2006. Whether you’re working with our Partners to help grow their business, or behind the scenes developing code, we are continuously innovating & working on some really cool stuff all at the same time. And the best bit? We’re making a difference to our Partners' lives as we do it.
WHAT WE NEED
You will work closely with the General Counsel and other members of the notonthehighstreet legal team to help support the business to deliver its business priorities in a compliant and cost effective way. You will work on a broad range of commercial, regulatory and compliance matters covering areas such as commercial contracts, corporate governance, insurance, data protection, intellectual property, marketing, advertising, consumer protection and real estate. You will supervise other members of the notonthehighstreet legal team and be responsible for liaising with external parties (regulators, external counsel, Partners (sellers), customers, other stakeholders).
Some of the things you’ll be doing
The role has five main areas of activity in relation to the legal team itself, the wider business, Customers, Partners and Suppliers
Key responsibilities under each of these include:
· Leading strategic legal projects
· Working with the legal team and other business areas to identify and address areas of risk
· Operating as the company’s data protection lead
· Assisting the Company Secretary with corporate governance matters
· Liaising with external counsel
· Overseeing the legal team’s company wide training programme
· Assisting with budget management and invoices
· Working with the wider business to deliver its commercial goals, for example, all activity around the key gifting occasions of the year
· Working closely with the Corporate Communications team on reputational matters
· Supervising the response to escalated queries from the Customer Service Team, ensuring consistency with our customer terms, refunds policy and relevant legislation
· Supervising the response to customer data protection enquiries (including data deletion requests and subject access requests)
· Supervising the management of intellectual property complaints, liaising with Customer Service and Partner Teams
· Supervising the drafting of competition and promotion terms and conditions
· Ensuring all customer facing marketing materials are compliant with relevant marketing and consumer laws
· Drafting, reviewing and negotiating (with support as needed) key contracts
· Supervising the drafting, reviewing and negotiating of contracts and NDAs with our broader range of suppliers
The Senior Legal Counsel would also be required to work on strategic business projects which may or may not fall under the categories/responsibilities set out above.
Some Key Skills + Experience You'll Need
You are a talented commercial lawyer with 3-6 years PQE with relevant experience either in-house or at a firm. You have experience of managing and developing a team as well as liaising with external advisers. You have first class interpersonal and communication skills. You have excellent judgement and analytical skills and an ability to anticipate legal issues or risks. You are able to consider and balance those issues and risks against commercial priorities. You have integrity and gravitas. You are happy to roll up your sleeves and get stuck in and enjoy working with a team in a fast paced environment to get the best results.
· Commercial contract review, drafting and negotiation
· An excellent understanding of the following areas of law:
· consumer law
· marketing and advertising law
· intellectual property law
· data protection law
· Experience working with e-commerce businesses and/or online marketplaces or in the tech/retail space
· Experience of portfolio companies of Venture Capital/Private Equity investors
· Willingness and ability to develop the following areas:
· company law
· competition law
· Global/international experience
It’s important to us that our people are well looked after, which is why we offer everyone BUPA healthcare, life insurance and a pension plan. Because having a break is important for your physical and mental wellbeing, our holiday allowance is 25 days (plus bank holidays) AND your entitlement will increase an extra day for every 2 years you spend with us.
Add in our in-office massages, yoga sessions or the abundance of free fruit, you can see that we want our people to feel good inside and out.
Our advice though? Be quick if you want a banana…
Apply to join #teamnoths
We’d love to hear about what you can do for us and how you can add value to our people and our business - reach out and apply today!