Head of Communications and PR
Richmond, Greater London /
Creative and Brand /
We are notonthehighstreet.
We’re home to 5,000 phenomenal small creative businesses that we are proud to call our Partners. But, now more than ever, this community needs our support. So we’re doing all we can to shine a light on these dynamic entrepreneurs, waving the flag for small businesses and generally championing their socks off.
On top of our brilliant Partners, products and customers (not to mention our incredible team who have been busy beavering away from home since March), the last 12 months has seen great progress with our tech platform and customer experience. We are now looking to build on this momentum to drive our business to the next level. And that’s where you come in.
We’re looking for a driven and experienced Head of Communications and PR to join our team. You will be working across multiple teams in the business with responsibility for: Corporate communications (both proactive and reactive); Partner communications and engagement; internal communications; and consumer PR. You’ll also work closely with our Executive and Leadership teams, and be responsible for planning, developing and implementing our company’s communications strategy.
What you’ll be doing
- Researching, devising and executing a consumer and corporate storytelling programme; identifying PR opportunities, developing press releases and leading sell-ins that increase the awareness of the company
- Leading and executing our Influencer strategy
- Devising and managing the communications programme for our Partner community to maintain and build our engaged Partner network; with the support of our Partner Communications and Engagement Manager
- Providing consultancy and managing communications during issues or crises or when reputational matters arise, liaising closely with the People Director and Legal Counsel
- Coordinating and drafting corporate documents e.g. annual report, letters to shareholders
- Managing trade body memberships and ensuring that we leverage them effectively
- Devising, managing and executing the company comms plan
- Oversight of all press offices
- Delivery of Executive profile programme
- Support to CEO in writing external and internal communications
- Media and stakeholder management (for all communications)
- Management and development of a team of 3, plus any agency relationships or PR consultants
- Ensuring that we are tracking our reputation, media coverage and communications successes and that we are regularly reporting these to the right people internally
- Liaising with multiple internal stakeholders and departments to ensure all communications channels are aligned and that relevant information is shared effectively
- Working closely with the broader Marketing, Brand & Creative team to ensure that PR activity is integrated within and supports strategically all the core marketing campaigns, aligned to the business’s trading plans and seasonal calendar and derived from true customer insight. In particular your key stakeholders will be the Customer & Growth Director, Creative Director, Head of Brand and our Commercial & Partner Director.
- Working collaboratively with other internal teams to develop column inch grabbing events, partnerships and collaborations
- Collaborating with the social and content teams to amplify press coverage and build content which inspires key press and influencers and has potential virality
Some key skills and experience you need
- You will need to be happy working in a fast paced environment, managing the many different demands of a communications function. You will need to be hard-working, creative, entrepreneurial/a self-starter with a positive attitude and approach.
- Strong previous experience managing internal and external communications (both consumer and corporate) in a fast paced environment
- Experience working with and building relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders at Exec/leadership level
- A hard-working self-starter with a positive attitude and approach
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative, entrepreneurial thinker
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong media contacts, ideally in retail, women’s lifestyle, tech and business media
- Good people management skills
- Experience in managing people
- Experience in digital/social media communications, including Influencer management
- Experience with Wordpress / blogging platforms and eCRM systems is desirable
It’s important to us that our people are well looked after, which is why we offer everyone BUPA healthcare, life insurance and a pension plan. Because having a break is important for your physical and mental wellbeing, our holiday allowance is 25 days (plus bank holidays) AND your entitlement increases an extra day for every 2 years you spend with us.
The team spirit at NOTHS House is legendary, and while we all miss the in-office massages, hair cuts and the abundance of free fruit, we’ve taken to our virtual world with gusto and bring the team together regularly for socials and of course the odd Zoom quiz!
We endeavour to support our people to make sure work….well, works for them. And the pretty big issue of the recent global pandemic has propelled us into working more flexibly than ever before. With the office closed until further notice (at least until government social distancing advice has changed),we’re using the lessons learnt over this period to evolve our approach to flexible working whilst ensuring we all still get together as one #teamnoths.
Diversity and Inclusion
Everyone’s welcome at notonthehighstreet – whoever they are, wherever their background.
As part of your application you’ll be asked to complete a demographic survey to help us learn more about who wants to work with us. It’s completely optional (but really appreciated) and it’s 100% anonymous. We’ll only use the information to help us figure out how to make our team even more inclusive and attract more brilliant people to join us, with the help of our cross-team Diversity Champions to drive progress.
Apply to join #teamnoths
We’d love to hear more about you, your experience and why you’d like to join our team.
For now, our recruitment and induction processes are fully remote, taking advantage of the wonders of modern-day technology. If you are successful in your initial application we’ll explain more about next steps, as this can vary slightly from role to role. Good luck!