New Business Curator
Richmond, Greater London
We are notonthehighstreet. Home to over 5000 of the UK’s best small creative businesses, we have been changing the online retail landscape since 2006. Whether you’re working with our Partners to help grow their business, or behind the scenes developing code, we are continuously innovating & working on some really cool stuff all at the same time. And the best bit? We’re making a difference to our Partners' lives as we do it.
A bit of background about the role….
As the home of thoughtful gifting, we pride ourselves on our unique product range and our ability to stay ahead of the rest of the market...and this is where you come in! Our New Business Curator has a very important mission - to manage and drive forward partner recruitment for a diverse range of category product areas in order to strengthen our unique product proposition.
You will be working closely within our product team to review and identify strategic range gap opportunities to influence your selection and recruitment of new partners. With a 4500+ strong existing partner community, we are only looking to add businesses with a clear point of difference to move us forward and this will be your challenge. You will be naturally instinctive, passionate and capable of finding and securing the best creative talent in the market and work together to curate their offer for the notonthehighstreet customer.
Some Of The Things You'll Be Doing
- Sourcing and identifying creative talent, using your product and business instincts to discover fresh and exciting businesses and working closely with them to tailor their range for our customer
- Working closely with Curators and Senior Curators to identify range expansion opportunities, ensuring we are ahead of the competition in offering a unique and first to market range of gifts with a clear point of difference from our existing offer
- Driving innovation around lead generation to find the next level of Partners through input into the over¬arching acquisition strategy
- Working closely with our Inspiration team to understand future market trends and opportunities which could inform our acquisition strategy and help to future-proof our product offer
- Effectively communicating the benefits of joining the notonthehighstreet community, inspiring prospects to consider NOTHS as the best platform for growing their business, varying your approach according to the audience
- Identifying opportunities and building relationships with external organisations to develop and negotiate recruitment activities with access to the most upcoming and talented pools of designers and artisans
- Championing your new Partner offering to the wider business, with a view to increasing the understanding and marketing exposure of the new ranges straight from the “go-live” date
- Ensuring flawless partner acquisition and onboarding process, actioning improvements and streamlining processes to better efficiencies including improvement to conversion of leads
- Recognising optimal partner growth opportunities; managing expectations around sales and conversion to support Business Development team with subsequent Year 1 Partner relationship management
- Monitoring, analysing and reporting on new Partner sales, conversion and new selection growth, working closely with curators to ensure continued development of the range and breadth of products on offer
- Maintaining accurate contact management records to ensure clear reporting on pipeline and revenue TTV targets
Some Key Skills + Experience You'll Need
- An incredible product eye and natural flair for giftable product with ability to interpret and realise strategic vision
- Affinity with notonthehighstreet product offering and brand ethos
- Desire to support and champion small businesses and a recognition of original talent
- An acute understanding of commercial and brand product performance
- First class sales, negotiation and influencing skills
- Previous experience in a buying or sourcing role within relevant markets, including creative and retail industries
- Highly organised with an ingenuity for improving processes and efficiencies
- Can do attitude with strong people and communication skills
- Willingness to travel as necessary
It’s important to us that our people are well looked after, which is why we offer everyone BUPA healthcare, life insurance and a pension plan. Because having a break is important for your physical and mental wellbeing, our holiday allowance is 33 days (including bank holidays) AND your entitlement will increase an extra day for every 2 years you spend with us.
Add in our in-office massages, yoga sessions or the abundance of free fruit, you can see that we want our people to feel good inside and out.
Our advice though? Be quick if you want a banana…
Apply to join #teamnoths:
We’d love to hear about what you can do for us and how you can add value to our people and our business - reach out and apply today!