IT Manager (4-month FTC)
Richmond, Greater London
Fixed term contract
We are notonthehighstreet. Home to over 5000 of the UK’s best small creative businesses, we have been changing the online retail landscape since 2006. Whether you’re working with our Partners to help grow their business, or behind the scenes developing code, we are continuously innovating & working on some really cool stuff all at the same time. And the best bit? We’re making a difference to our Partner’s lives as we do it.
We are looking for an experienced, hands-on IT Manager to support and maintain our entire IT infrastructure and help our internal users resolve any potential software/hardware issue.
You also will be managing a team of 2 IT Support Engineers and plan and organise resource allocation across BAU, incidents, and ad-hoc projects.
Please note - this role will cover a 4-month sabbatical starting in March.
Some of the things you’ll be doing
- Setting and managing the IT Team workload and ensure all IT day to day project work and objectives are achieved
- Administration and support of G-Suite apps
- Administration of our IT Infrastructure (Windows Server/ AD Domain/ Networking)
- Help users diagnose and resolve hardware and software issues
- Providing Helpdesk support to all our internal users at notonthehighstreet
- Onboarding of new employees
- Deploying new machines to new users (both Windows and Mac)
Some key skills + experience you'll need - Essential Technical Skills
- Experience Creating and Managing Users accounts (AD, Gmail)
- Experience building and deploying new computer systems (Windows/ Mac)
- Administration of Active Directory and Windows Services (WSUS, DNS, GPO, DHCP, VPN, File Sharing)
- Exposure to Windows Desktop (Windows 10) and Server 2012 R2 Support
- An understanding of Networking and troubleshooting connectivity
- Experience with G-Suite Administration - specifically with regards to distribution groups, delegation, calendar,and Google Drive
- Previous hands-on Helpdesk experience - up to 3rd Line, including Hardware / Software / Printing / Networking troubleshooting
Essential non-technical skills
- Previous experience managing a small team
- Strong communication skills, both technically & non-technically
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
Extra Brownie Points
- Experience with VOIP systems
- Experience with MacOSX
- Experience using Juniper for networking
- Experience troubleshooting wireless connectivity
- A desire to work closely with the business, learn new things and teach others
It’s important to us that our people are well looked after, which is why we offer everyone BUPA healthcare, life insurance and a pension plan. Because having a break is important for your physical and mental wellbeing, our holiday allowance is 25 days (plus bank holidays) AND your entitlement will increase an extra day for every 2 years you spend with us.
Add in our in-office massages, yoga sessions or the abundance of free fruit, you can see that we want our people to feel good inside and out.
Our advice though? Be quick if you want a banana…
Apply to join #teamnoths
We’d love to hear about what you can do for us and how you can add value to our people and our business.
We’d love to hear about what you can do for us and how you can add value to our people and our business - reach out and apply today!