New York City /
Not Pot – Creative /
Not Pot is your trusty online CBD dealer with a big, cheeky heart. In an industry overflowing with sketchy actors chasing a quick buck, we instead seek to build a brand that will be here for the long run.
Our kick-🍑 products are made with natural, good-for-you ingredients like real fruit fiber, formulated to be non-psychoactive (aka you won't get high), and tested by top scientists and universities at the forefront of medical cannabis research—we don't mess around! Beyond making best-in-class products, our mission is to foster an engaging and thought-provoking conversation around the modern cannabis industry and contribute to variety of causes that we believe lift and professionalize the entire industry.
As a small, distributed team, we care deeply about building a culture around trust, diversity, and transparency (we know everyone says this, but we really mean it!). You will have significant independence and expected to have the autonomy to think on your feet and speak/act thoughtfully on behalf of the company.
We're extremely proud and protective of our visual identity at Not Pot and are now seeking to expand our design organization with a group of experienced, fun creatives to work with on ongoing or one-time projects.
- As a freelance designer on our distributed team, you can expect to work on a variety of interesting projects and be called into projects depending on your specialty. Below, we've listed some examples of projects that other designers have worked on.
- Reuse and adapt existing packaging designs and style guides to new product packaging
- Source packaging containers and materials within budget from your existing network
- As we prefer to rely on organic growth and word of mouth traffic, email has become the cornerstone to our marketing efforts. As such, it's paramount that we have the highest quality of email possible.
- Design unique, beautiful email campaigns for product launches, blog posts, press hits, etc.
- Design on-brand transactional emails for automated flows such as abandoned cart notifications, back-in-stock reminders, welcome emails, etc.
- Create new or update existing pages with visually beautiful, on-brand site design
- Create assets for digital ads, social content, and offline media such as billboards
- Design banners for storefront collections that enable our customers to easily recognize a distinct look to each collection, such as our Slumber sleep collection.
- Design a booklet or product catalog that will be included in each order or in our offline marketing efforts
- Create new assets and models that extend our brand into photorealistic renderings
- 3+ years experience as a graphic designer working in-house or as a freelancer for a top-tier agency or consumer-facing company
- Work together with our founders to ideate and deliver assets on-time
- Communicate with the team to propose, adhere to, and maintain responsible deadlines
- Strong grasp of foundational graphic design skills; experience with typography preferred
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Figma, or Sketch
- Experience with motion or animation is a plus, but not necessary
Not Pot is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We don't care about where you went to college, your degree, your age, or what fancy names you might have on your resume. Instead, we're looking for good people: good at work and with a good heart 💖