Not Pot – Corporate /
Not Pot is your trusty online CBD dealer with a big, cheeky heart. In an industry overflowing with sketchy actors chasing a quick buck, we instead seek to build a brand that will be here for the long run.
Our kick-🍑 products are made with natural, good-for-you ingredients like real fruit fiber, formulated to be non-psychoactive (aka you won't get high), and tested by top scientists and universities at the forefront of medical cannabis research—we don't mess around! Beyond making best-in-class products, our mission is to foster an engaging and thought-provoking conversation around the modern cannabis industry and contribute to variety of causes that we believe lift and professionalize the entire industry.
As a small, distributed team, we care deeply about building a culture around trust, diversity, and transparency (we know everyone says this, but we really mean it!). You will have significant independence and expected to have the autonomy to think on your feet and speak/act thoughtfully on behalf of the company.
We are looking to add a Finance Associate to our team. In this role, you will help enable a better understanding of where the business is today and how to better plan for where we're going. As an early stage startup, we need someone that can lean in where needed and establish reliable and accurate information flow and analyses.
- Perform ad hoc financial data review and analyses across teams, i.e. Marketing, Operations, HR
- Update monthly financial model with data inputs from various systems
- Support month-end close process by reviewing monthly variances by P&L line
- Assist in monthly expense tracking by category and teams; own reports that support better understanding of where we're spending and why
- Support President on completion of monthly and quarterly financial reports
- Minimum 2 years of financial experience at a fast-growing brand or consumer-facing company
- Experience in accrual-based accounting according to US businesses
- A self-starter with a positive attitude and ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong attention to detail and clear communication skills
- Great problem-solving skills, you're able to figure things out and offer solutions
- Proficient in Excel and Quickbooks
- Understanding of financial statements and general accounting principles
Not Pot is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We don't care about where you went to college, your degree, your age, or what fancy names you might have on your resume. Instead, we're looking for good people: good at work and with a good heart 💖