New York City /
Not Pot – Marketing /
Not Pot is your trusty online CBD dealer with a big, cheeky heart. In an industry overflowing with sketchy actors chasing a quick buck, we instead seek to build a brand that will be here for the long run.
Our kick-🍑 products are made with natural, good-for-you ingredients like real fruit fiber, formulated to be non-psychoactive (aka you won't get high), and tested by top scientists and universities at the forefront of medical cannabis research—we don't mess around! Beyond making best-in-class products, our mission is to foster an engaging and thought-provoking conversation around the modern cannabis industry and contribute to variety of causes that we believe lift and professionalize the entire industry.
As a small, distributed team, we care deeply about building a culture around trust, diversity, and transparency (we know everyone says this, but we really mean it!). You will have significant independence and expected to have the autonomy to think on your feet and speak/act thoughtfully on behalf of the company.
Not Pot is seeking its first ever PR manager to help build brand awareness through earned media. Despite being one of the most recognizable, unique, and earliest brands in CBD, we have invested very little into and all prior press has been generated through inbound inquiries—we want to change this. Our goal is to effectively share our story about how a mission-driven, bootstrapped brand was able to foster a thriving community and provoke thoughtful conversation as widely as possible.
- Work with CEO to create crystal-clear goals, timelines, and key metrics for new campaigns
- Constantly be pitching Not Pot to secure consistent press coverage, positioning Not Pot as a unique, differentiated brand in the otherwise crowded health and wellness space
- Build and maintain media relations with all publications to keep them up to speed on what we are working on
- Work with President to build copy and messaging templates for press outreach
- Help with CEO on editorial, influencer, and celebrity gifting program
- Track, analyze, and report on the effectiveness of coverage
- 3+ years of communications, reporting, or brand marketing experience at a consumer-facing brand or publication
- Proficient with Google Sheets, Airtable, or Microsoft Excel
- Proven history of securing blue-chip media coverage
- Have strong existing relationships with influencers, reporters, etc.
- Passion for what we do—we're counting on you to tell our story, after all!
- Deep sense of independence and autonomy
- Strong organizational skills and clear & responsive communicator
- We value creativity above all else
Not Pot is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We don't care about where you went to college, your degree, your age, or what fancy names you might have on your resume. Instead, we're looking for good people: good at work and with a good heart 💖