Menlo Park /
Operations – Operations /
Novoloop is an emerging leader in plastic circularity, transforming post-consumer plastic waste into the world’s first chemically upcycled performance materials. Novoloop was founded in 2015 and is a venture-backed start-up that has raised $25M to date. Headquartered in Menlo Park, California, Novoloop is currently scaling up to its first commercial manufacturing facility to use its patented ATOD (Accelerated Thermal Oxidative Decomposition) technology to manufacture performance materials for the footwear, electronics, and automotive industries. Novoloop currently has 30+ full time employees.
We are looking for an experienced Facilities Supervisor to oversee all building-related activities. You will be responsible for preserving the good condition of infrastructure and ensuring our facilities are safe and well functioning.
The ideal candidate is organized and able to optimize the use of space and equipment while reducing operating costs. Experience managing science lab or manufacturing facilities, phenomenal efficiency, and hands-on skills can set you apart among our candidate pool. Priority will be given to candidates local to the Bay Area.
The objective is to ensure our business’s accommodation is problem-free and safe so that employees can work under the best conditions. Working at our startup offers a unique opportunity to be part of a team working to tackle one of the world's most pressing environmental challenges. If you are passionate about sustainability, have a strong work ethic, and are excited about making our facilities a great place to work, we encourage you to apply.
- Plan and coordinate all installations and refurbishments related to facility infrastructure: mechanical, electrical, plumbing, structural, physical anchoring, earthquake proofing, telecommunication, security, etc.
- Manage the upkeep of building infrastructure and facility equipment to meet health and safety standards
- Supervise facilities staff, including training, scheduling, and delegation
- Manage contractors for facilities upgrades and new space construction, including negotiating contracts, project managing deliverables and timelines, overseeing construction activities, and ensuring quality control
- Control activities like parking space and office space allocation
- Handle insurance plans and service contracts
- Manage the facilities budget and coordinate with vendors and contractors to ensure timely completion of projects within budget; perform expense analysis and forecasting as needed
- Develop and implement preventive maintenance schedules for all infrastructure-related equipment
- Conduct regular inspections to identify any repairs, maintenance, or upgrades needed
- Perform hands-on maintenance duties and assist with office equipment installation as needed
- Review utilities consumption and identify opportunities for savings and increased efficiency
- Develop SOPs for processes related to facilities operation
- Work with the broader Operations team to ensure all labs and offices are safe, clean, organized, and fully operational
- Deliver a high level of customer service within the company
- Work closely with other Operations team members to cross-functionally support improvement initiatives
- Complete additional operations and lab support duties as necessary
- Perform all duties in keeping with the Company's core values, policies and all applicable regulations
- Minimum 3 years of experience in facilities management
- Well-versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
- Experience managing and coordinating with facilities vendors and contractors
- Hands-on skills for regular maintenance and office equipment installation
- Good organizational, prioritization, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team and carry out work duties with minimal supervision
- (nice to have) Bachelor's degree in facilities management, engineering, or related field
- (nice to have) Experience managing lab facilities in a chemical or related industry
- (nice to have) Familiarity with building codes and regulations related to lab facilities
Role involves (ADA notations)
- Frequent communication (talking/listening)
- Regular walking and standing
- Vision requirements: close, distance, peripheral, color and depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Lifting and moving items weighing up to 50 lbs
- Role requires 80% of time in the lab: moving, routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment, etc.
- Computer use: 20% of the time: paperwork, developing procedures, etc.
- Noise conditions: laboratory and office environment
- Salary range $100,000 to $130,000
- Stock options
- Various benefits
- Actual compensation offered will be determined based on level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience
In addition to salary, relocation assistance, and stock options, we offer great paid time off and health benefits, which includes medical, dental and vision insurance. We also offer a 401k program, life insurance, parental leave, employee assistance, and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We’re an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.