Sr. Process Engineer - Contract Manufacturing
Engineering – Engineering /
Novoloop is an emerging leader in plastic circularity, transforming post-consumer plastic waste into the world’s first chemically upcycled performance materials. Novoloop was founded in 2015 and is a venture-backed start-up that has raised $25M to date. Headquartered in Menlo Park, California, Novoloop is currently scaling up to its first commercial manufacturing facility to use its patented ATOD (Accelerated Thermal Oxidative Decomposition) technology to manufacture performance materials for the footwear, electronics, and automotive industries. Novoloop currently has 30+ full time employees.
As our Sr. Manufacturing Engineer, you will lead external contract manufacturing of Novoloop's patented technologies, providing technical leadership through Technology Transfer and production trials. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join our team. This is a full time position with travel requirement. On-site or remote working are both acceptable.
What You'll Do
- Plan, execute, and document production campaigns from conception through product delivery
- Provide technical leadership and develop relationships with manufacturing business partners and service providers to ensure business continuity
- Negotiate complex interrelated contracts and purchases required to support business partners, manufacturing sites, and capital projects
- Draft and facilitate the review, approval, and execution of technology transfer packages
- Provide technical leadership through safety reviews, campaign planning and troubleshooting
- Collaborate with R&D to develop and transfer analytical methods to external manufacturing sites
- Work collaboratively with internal and external engineers to solve technical challenges
- Embed EHS throughout the startup of new plants and technology transfers
- Protect Novoloop's IP by ensuring document security and maintaining well-organized and complete records of project documentation
- Conduct technical reviews of quality requirements, results, and specifications
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Chemical Engineering
- 5-10+ years of relevant work experience in a chemical manufacturing setting, including experience leading project teams at multiple sites and multiple organizations
- Experience operating a variety of unit operations and processes, and designing chemical processing equipment, including stirred reactors, distillation columns, and more
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with experience documenting technical and project information in an organized fashion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially for technical information
- Expected to travel up to 30% of time
- PE License
- Prior experience managing toll manufacturing
- Proven knowledge of safety requirements for operations with high hazard chemicals
- Previous experience in the scale-up of chemical reaction systems
- Proficiency in process simulation software such as ProSim
Salary range $110,000 to $150,000
Stock options are an important part of the comp package
Actual compensation offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their geography, market data, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
In addition to salary, relocation assistance, and stock options, we offer great paid time off and health benefits, which includes medical, dental and vision insurance. We also offer a 401k program, life insurance, parental leave, employee assistance, and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We’re an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.