Menlo Park /
Engineering – Engineering /
Novoloop is an emerging leader in plastic circularity, transforming post-consumer plastic waste into the world’s first chemically upcycled performance materials. Novoloop was founded in 2015 and is a venture-backed start-up that has raised $25M to date. Headquartered in Menlo Park, California, Novoloop is currently scaling up to its first commercial manufacturing facility to use its patented ATOD (Accelerated Thermal Oxidative Decomposition) technology to manufacture performance materials for the footwear, electronics, and automotive industries. Novoloop currently has 30+ full time employees.
We’re seeking a Chemical Engineer to help scale up Novoloop’s patented ATOD technology. You will be supporting the preparation of engineering packages for EPC projects. This role will work closely with both the Product & Innovation and Process Development teams.
This is a full-time position in Menlo Park, CA, with a competitive salary and stock options. Priority will be given to local applicants with the status for US employment.
At Novoloop, we’re proud to be at the forefront of the biggest challenge of our time by creating impactful technology. We believe that sustainability should not be a luxury, and we’re committed to helping industries transition to a circular economy.
What You’ll Do
- Develop engineering documentation for Front End Loading (FEL), including Heat & Mass Balance, PFD, equipment specifications, and P&ID’s
- Estimate capital and operating costs for techno-economic optimization studies
- Use process modeling software, such as ProSim, to develop key engineering documentation
- Work collaboratively with technicians, scientists, and engineers to solve technical challenges
- Maintain well-organized and complete records of project documentation
- Manage communication with equipment vendors and parts suppliers
- Work independently to design, plan, and analyze scalable process experiments in pilot plant
- Support production trials at toll manufacturing partner sites
- Contribute to process safety reviews
- BS/MS in Chemical Engineering or a related field
- 0-5 years of relevant work experience
- Preferred - EIT certificate with plans to obtain PE License desirable
- Experience preparing PFDs and P&IDs
- Experience working with project teams at multiple sites and multiple organizations
- Experience documenting all technical and project information in an organized fashion
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially for technical information
- Proficiency in Process Simulation software such as ProSim (preferred)
- Hands-on experience with the installation and operation of pilot-scale equipment
- Salary range $80,000 to $115,000
- Stock options
- Actual compensation offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
In addition to salary, relocation assistance, and stock options, we offer great paid time off and health benefits, which includes medical, dental and vision insurance. We also offer a 401k program, life insurance, parental leave, employee assistance, and more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We’re an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered equally without regard to race, color, ethnicity, veteran status, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, membership in an organization or any other non-merit factors.