New York, NY
As an Editorial Producer for NowThis, you’ll become part of a fast-growing media team dedicated to storytelling for the mobile social generation. We produce compelling short-form video daily in our Soho studio. We’re redefining how and where people get their news, and we’re looking for highly creative people to help us develop new ways of storytelling. The editorial producer is responsible for assisting senior team members and assigning stories and coordinating team work flow. The role reports to the Editor and will collaborate with the newsroom to create compelling content.
- Are a self-starter who doesn’t need hand-holding
- Have a unique ability to read any long-form article and articulate the plot in one tweet
- Follow tried and true journalism practices and triple check every fact and figure
- Write clear, concise and grammatically correct copy
- Can develop and maintain a clear and consistent brand voice
- Write copy that is both relevant and modern, and understand how your audience will react to their writing.
- Understand different language styles and how they appeal to various target markets
- Are able to write at a breakneck pace
- Have a voracious appetite for news and culture and impressive media savvy
- Have at least 1–2 years of experience writing for a national publication or large-scale website
- Have superb communication skills and are excited to work with a large, eclectic team.
- Are well spoken and able to articulate our editorial philosophy.
- Have written for newsrooms and digital outlets for more than 1 year
- Have been editing articles for more than 2
- Are able to fact-check multiple scripts a day thoroughly and quickly
- Can edit other people’s scripts and give constructive feedback quickly
- Are able to take a 1,000+ word article and summarize it in a few lines in a conversational tone
- Are familiar with Adobe Premiere and Photoshop
- Have a deep understanding of social media platforms: what makes them unique, and why stories must be shaped differently for each
- Speak more than one language (or at least wish you did!)