Weekend Senior Producer
New York, NY
As a Weekend Senior Producer for NowThis, you’ll become part of a fast-growing media team dedicated to storytelling for the mobile social generation. We produce compelling short-form video daily in our Soho studio. We’re redefining how and where people get their news, and we’re looking for highly creative people to help us develop new ways of storytelling. The role reports to the Editor and will collaborate with the newsroom to create compelling content. In this role you would work Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday (4 days per week) but receive a full-time salary.
- Are a strong writer with experience creating videos with writers and journalists
- Are a highly creative leader with experience managing a team who understand the unique NowThis voice and style with 5+ years of experience at a digital media organization
- Are passionate about news, and have a desire to present it in a smart, conversational tone tailor-made for social media.
- Are not intimidated by being responsible for the editorial tone and storytelling on a particular topic vertical. All videos on a given topic will run through you.
- Would be excited about shaping, assigning and shepherding 10+ videos per day in a fast-paced newsroom environment, covering all platforms including Facebook and Snapchat Discover.
- Can navigate the social web and help generate creative, visual story angles based on the news of the day.
- Are an experienced journalist with a wide portfolio of published videos or articles
- Have an excellent sense of pace and timing, a knowledge for the best ways to grab viewers, and a sense for how to tell a powerful story in as little time as possible.
- Are fully versed in Adobe Premiere (After Effects a plus)
- Understand news doesn’t always happen during traditional hours and are flexible with your schedule
- Organize your time and have a solid understanding of how long your projects will take
- Invent and institute new workflows to maximize efficiency around the video process and implementing systems to better source new media
- Are obsessed with accuracy in reporting and have a strong attention to detail
- Are a creative thinker and problem solver with a sense of humor and a great attitude
- Have a deep understanding of social media platforms, especially Facebook, Twitter, and Snapchat
- Are able to jump in on all aspects of production: concept/pitching, scripting, planning shoots
- Can arrange and conduct interviews with potential guests.
- Love to create videos with writers and journalists
- Enjoy collaborating with a team but also work well independently
- Speak more than one language (or at least wish you did!)
- Have breaking news experience (or wish you did!)