New York, NY
As an Art Director for NowThis, you’ll become part of a fast-growing media team dedicated to storytelling for the mobile social generation. The role reports to the Director of Editorial Creative and will collaborate daily with the Editorial team in an effort to create compelling original content for our newsroom. You will primarily support design needs of the Snapchat Discover branch of the newsroom and work with the team to concept, design and animate stories for two daily editions on the platform. The ideal candidate has a strong interest in visual storytelling, type, layout, and motion graphics/interaction design. Speed and the ability to clearly articulate visual ideas are a must.
- Have at least 8 years of experience working under creative leadership, on deadline, and know how to apply visual notes quickly to your work.
- Conceptualize and visually execute stories in collaboration with creative and editorial leads
- Love infographics and data visualizations
- Can design graphics for cross-platform marketing efforts
- Are fully versed in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Notice the details and come up with creative solutions to problems
- Are interested in and have a working knowledge of photography basics
- Are a master in typography and have a strong sense of color
- Possess vector graphic and storyboarding skills
- Can animate (particularly looping GIF-style)
- Have a positive and persistent personality
- Collaborate and contribute to a team effort but also to work independently to deliver on individual responsibilities
- Work quickly and efficiently under pressure