Engineering Manager: Network
Noyo is the leading benefits infrastructure company, enabling seamless data connectivity across the benefits ecosystem. We believe every person should have access to great benefits that are easy to understand, easy to use, and have them covered when they need it most.
In service of that mission, we provide modern infrastructure to power the next generation of consumer health and benefits experiences. Like Stripe in payments and Plaid in financial services, Noyo makes it possible for developers to embed benefits into any app.
We are a rapidly-growing technology company backed by the best investors in Silicon Valley, and we are building a team of ambitious and creative people looking to change the face of benefits.
Noyo is a distributed company with teammates all across the United States. We have offices in San Francisco and Raleigh-Durham.
What You'll Be Responsible For
- Network at Noyo is responsible for the architecture and execution of our insurance carrier integrations with a high level of quality and speed.
- You will be responsible for the services, internal tools, and automation that enable Noyo to accomplish thisYou will be responsible for the hiring, staffing, and coaching of the high-performing product engineering teams necessary to deliver this work
- You will be responsible for aligning the teams to the needs of the broader business, ensuring quality in delivery, and providing technical guidance
What You'll Be Collaborating On
- In conjunction with the Noyo Product Team you will build out and maintain the product roadmap for the Network teams.
- You will work alongside other Engineering Managers at Noyo to build and refine cross-team processes such as our engineering interview process, code review standards, incident management, etc.
- You’ll work with our CTO and Architects to evolve our core API products to better meet our customer needs and support the objectives of your teams
- With the Product and Operations teams you will define and measure key success metrics for your teams
What Experience You'll Need
- Experience hiring and managing multiple teams of diverse engineers that are solving challenging technical problems
- Demonstrated success driving engineering teams to meet business objectives using metrics and data-driven decision making
- Experience managing software projects across the entire SDLC in a cloud-based environment
- At least 3 years of experience as a manager, in addition to 5+ years of overall engineering experience
What We Can Teach You
- You do not need experience working in the benefits or healthcare industry
- You do not need direct experience working with our exact tech stack (Python, Google Cloud Platform, etc.) if you have experience in a similar modern tech stack
Your 12-Month Roadmap
Within 1 Month
• Meet the existing team, establish recurring 1:1s, begin building rapport and settle in to the team
• Conduct your first phone interview and participate in a final round interview if possible
• Collaborate with the Product and Operations teams to understand the current state of the product roadmap for your teams
• Work with the VP of Engineering and Talent team to formulate an initial hiring plan for your teams
Within 3 Months
• Create necessary job descriptions, build out interview plans, and start moving candidates through the pipeline
• Make your first hire for a new team member!
• Define and implement key measures and metrics for your teams and set targets for the next 3 and 6 months
• Complete first full quarterly roadmapping process with the Product team
Within 6 Months
• Achieve the 3 month targets that you set out for your teams
• Hire at least one other manager on your team who reports to you and manages individual contributors on your teams
• Complete your first professional development cycle with your team (360 feedback, promotions, compensation changes, etc.)
• Refine or define at least one cross-team engineering process (e.g. code review process, incident management)
Within 12 Months
• Managing a number of other managers, focusing even more on coaching and setting the vision for multiple teams
• Shaping the roadmap of the next generation of our carrier integrations
What we value
1. Judgment to experiment quickly without sacrificing quality
2. Combination of ambition and creativity to solve hard problems
3. Collaborative approach and focus on finding the best ideas, wherever they may be
What we offer
Competitive salary and equity packages - You'll be an owner of the company
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance - Noyo pays 100% of employee premiums and 50% of dependents premiums
Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability, and Life Insurance - Company paid life and disability coverage
Health and Dependent Care FSAs - Pre-tax flexible spending accounts for out-of-pocket expenses
401k Account - 401k program through Guideline
Commuter Benefits - Tax-advantaged commuter benefits account
Home Office Stipend - Noyo offers each team member a $500 stipend to spend on home office related equipment
Parental Support - 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents
Paid Time Off - Uncapped vacation days & paid holidays
Holidays Off - Noyo observes 14 holidays including Juneteenth, Indigenous People’s Day, Election Day, & Veterans day
How we work together
No Meeting Wednesdays - Wednesdays are used for deep work, so we try to avoid meetings being scheduled this day unless it's client sensitive.
Tech Stack - We primarily use Slack, Google Suite, and Notion.
Core Hours - To maintain our flexible, self-directed work schedules without leading people to feel they need to be constantly connected, we've implemented core meeting hours where cross-time zone meetings happen.
Noyo products serve everyone, and we believe the best products are built by teams that represent their users. We value unique contributions and actively welcome people of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to join us at Noyo. We are committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants. If you think you may require accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: email@example.com. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.
Noyo participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a web-based system that allows enrolled employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States. E-Verify employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching the information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Here you will find links to the Participation Poster as well as the Right to Work notices in English and Spanish.