VP of Finance
Noyo is the leading benefits infrastructure company, enabling seamless data connectivity across the benefits ecosystem. We believe every person should have access to great benefits that are easy to understand, easy to use, and have them covered when they need it most.
In service of that mission, we provide modern infrastructure to power the next generation of consumer health and benefits experiences. Like Stripe in payments and Plaid in financial services, Noyo makes it possible for developers to embed benefits into any app.
We are a rapidly-growing technology company backed by the best investors in Silicon Valley, and we are building a team of ambitious and creative people looking to change the face of benefits.
Noyo is a distributed company with teammates all across the United States. We have offices in San Francisco and Raleigh-Durham.
About the Role
As the Finance Leader at Noyo, you will have an outsized impact on shaping our business and financial strategy throughout this period of rapid growth. You'll drive continuous improvement across the business, applying analytical rigor to bolster strategic decision making around our go-to-market and growth plans. You will work closely with the executive team and board of directors to ensure our resources are allocated efficiently in pursuit of our vision to build the digital infrastructure for health insurance distribution.
If you enjoy and have experience building out Finance functions and setting up scalable financial systems, this is the role for you.
What You'll Do
- Own financial planning and analysis (FP&A) operations for the company, including forecasts, budgeting, scenario planning, and cash management.
- Lead all accounting operations, including taxes, monthly close with Noyo’s external accounting team and payroll management.
- Own the company-wide financial model, leading the executive team and functional leaders to develop detailed operating plans, establish metrics, and monitor success.
- Prepare Board materials that accurately present the company's financial position and highlight the key drivers of the business for strategic decision making.
- Support fundraising strategy and manage relationships with investors and partners.
- Perform strategic financial analysis that drives business decisions including pricing, hiring plans, and more.
- Implement systems for budgeting, invoicing, and payments.
- Manage external financial and accounting vendors.
- Implement risk management programs, including managing business insurance policies.
What We're Looking For
- Extensive experience leading and building finance functions and departments at a high-growth technology startup; prior experience in corporate strategy or finance roles a plus.
- Skilled communicator who can build relationships across the organization (ex. Product, Sales, Engineering, Operations, Marketing) to bring everyone along with critical business decisions
- Strong analytical skills and creative approach to solving unstructured problems.
- Experience building and executing a SaaS-based business model and deep understanding of relevant KPIs (e.g. ARR, LTV, CAC, Recurring vs. Non-Recurring revenue, etc.).
- Strong point of view on the best technology systems, processes and measures of success for building a high-performing finance department.
- Demonstrated success building and managing teams, that have successfully delivered financial management, planning, and compliance in a start-up environment.
What You'll Love About Noyo
- You will work on innovative technology that positively impacts everyday people.
- You will be challenged technically and work with a team that prioritizes career growth.
- You will collaborate with an ambitious and motivated team who are aligned around a driving mission - use technology to make the insurance industry better for everyone.
What we value
1. Judgment to experiment quickly without sacrificing quality
2. Combination of ambition and creativity to solve hard problems
3. Collaborative approach and focus on finding the best ideas, wherever they may be
What we offer
Competitive salary and equity packages - You'll be an owner of the company
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance - Noyo pays 100% of employee premiums and 50% of dependents premiums
Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability, and Life Insurance - Company paid life and disability coverage
Health and Dependent Care FSAs - Pre-tax flexible spending accounts for out-of-pocket expenses
401k Account - 401k program through Guideline
Commuter Benefits - Tax-advantaged commuter benefits account
Home Office Stipend - Noyo offers each team member a $500 stipend to spend on home office related equipment
Parental Support - 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents
Paid Time Off - Uncapped vacation days & paid holidays
Holidays Off - Noyo observes 14 holidays including Juneteenth, Indigenous People’s Day, Election Day, & Veterans day
How we work together
No Meeting Wednesdays - Wednesdays are used for deep work, so we try to avoid meetings being scheduled this day unless it's client sensitive.
Tech Stack - We primarily use Slack, Google Suite, and Notion.
Core Hours - To maintain our flexible, self-directed work schedules without leading people to feel they need to be constantly connected, we've implemented core meeting hours where cross-time zone meetings happen.
Noyo products serve everyone, and we believe the best products are built by teams that represent their users. We value unique contributions and actively welcome people of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to join us at Noyo. We are committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants. If you think you may require accommodation for any part of the recruitment process, please send a request to: email@example.com. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.
Noyo participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is a web-based system that allows enrolled employers to confirm the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States. E-Verify employers verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching the information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Here you will find links to the Participation Poster as well as the Right to Work notices in English and Spanish.