Sales Development Representative
Business – Sales
Who We Are
npm is the world’s largest software repository, with over 10 million users and over 40 billion software package downloads every month. Our systems are critical to software engineers all over the world and used in every industry; from the public registry, which serves packages to open source engineers and small organizations, to our new enterprise solution, which provides single tenant registries for medium and large customers.
What You'll Do
npm, Inc is seeking multiple Sales Development Representatives to join our fast-growing team focused on the B2B technology space. We’re looking for team members with successful track records in appointment setting by qualifying inbound leads and generating outbound engagements via prospecting.
You will work closely with Account Executives, Sales leadership, and the Marketing team in scaling a sales development process that's delivering data-driven results. You will be joining a small and growing team, where you will have direct input into go-to-market strategy and how we improve the product.
Exceptional performers will have the opportunity to grow into other roles in the company including the Account Executive role to jump-start their career in SaaS sales. This is a fantastic opportunity for driven, strategic, and high-judgment individuals to get in early at a rapidly accelerating startup that is already serving hundreds of Fortune 1000 and mid-market clients.
- Schedule meetings and generate new business opportunities to fuel npm, Inc growth.
- Partner with an Account Executive to achieve mutually aligned sales quotas each month.
- Engage with potential clients via phone, email, and other channels to understand their business needs and identify opportunities where npm, Inc can help.
- Discern potential for purchase and forward those who are of good potential to the Sales Account Executives to pursue.
- Have the autonomy to operate beyond your role and help the team continuously improve and optimize our process, training, use of technology, and any other aspects of our business.
- A desire to pursue a career in Sales coupled with a strong will to achieve. Call it what you want: grit, competitive spirit, hustle...the bottom line is this role is challenging. Why are you going to push harder when the going gets tough?
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, and customer focus.
- Enjoy working in a collaboratively competitive environment. Make others around you better while achieving your own goals.
- Be innately and insatiably curious. Be committed to lifelong learning and continuous development (i.e. be better today than you were yesterday).
- Be coachable (don’t just do what we say, but rather be self-aware and reflective, and digest feedback critically and adapt to overcome challenges).
- Be highly data-driven.
- Startup experience a major plus.
- Strong academic background and performance
- Experience with failure and track record of learning and engaging new ideas
- Strategic thinking with a bias towards action
- Independent work style – you own your own book of business
- Ownership – you take ownership of your results and often look for ways to improve; you see challenges as opportunities instead of obstacles.
- You are a challenger – you love connecting the dots in business strategy and are comfortable bringing a provocative point of view to any internal or customer facing meetings. You are radically candid in your feedback and are constantly seeking feedback in return.
Our Code of Conduct
Why You Should Join
In joining the npm team, you'll become an important part of a small but dedicated engineering team. We strive to provide a sensible working environment that doesn't ask for or encourage habitual overtime and we offer flexibility in schedule. We have a progressive parental leave policy and vacation time is not just encouraged, but celebrated and enforced. We also understand that healthy schedules lead to better outcomes. To help ensure this balance we have contracted support night coverage so we don't interrupt anyone's sleep.
We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we actively seek a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, and people from low-income families.
We cannot currently sponsor new work visas, but we can transfer existing H-1Bs.