Director of Business Development
Business – Business Development
Who We Are
npm is the world’s largest software repository, with over 10 million users and over 40 billion software package downloads every month. Our systems are critical to software engineers all over the world and used in every industry; from the public registry, which serves packages to open source engineers and small organizations, to our new enterprise solution, which provides single tenant registries for medium and large customers.
What You'll Do
- Identify potential npm, Inc. partners by being able to recognize and communicate mutual benefit.
- Develop partner programs for various channel opportunities.
- Develop on-boarding and up-leveling programs for existing partners.
- Drive revenue and/or community building programs with every partner.
- Create educational and community building programs that encourage participation and contribution by npm partners.
- Develop programs that catalyze npm direct sales activity in the enterprise.
- Work with the product team to create an insightful feedback loop.
- 8+ years of channel and software sales experience, with a proven track record in business development.
- Solid understanding of channel sales management.
- Good network of channel partner contacts.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship development skills.
- Knowledge of the open source market a plus.
- Ability to build mindshare and get your offering to the top of the “linecard”Ability to develop on-boarding and enablement programs that result in partner enthusiasm.
- Motivation to achieve business objectives and goals.
Our Code of Conduct
Why You Should Join
In joining the npm team, you'll become an important part of a small but dedicated team who enables the world’s largest development ecosystem. We strive to provide a sensible working environment that doesn't ask for or encourage habitual overtime and we offer flexibility in schedule. We have a progressive parental leave policy and vacation time is not just encouraged, but celebrated and enforced. We also understand that healthy schedules lead to better outcomes.
We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we actively seek a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, and people from low-income families.
Where We Can Hire
Our headquarters are in Oakland, California. We can best support you if you can overlap with US time zones. We currently have team members across the US time zones and in the UK, Canada, and Mexico. We cannot currently sponsor new work visas, but we can transfer existing H-1Bs.