Business – Marketing
Who We Are
npm is the world’s largest software repository, with over 10 million users and over 40 billion software package downloads every month. Our systems are critical to software engineers all over the world and used in every industry; from the public registry, which serves packages to open source engineers and small organizations, to our new enterprise solution, which provides single tenant registries for medium and large customers.
What You'll Do
npm, Inc. is seeking a Marketing Associate to join our growing marketing team, to help with managing daily administrative tasks to ensure the Marketing department runs smoothly. As our Marketing Associate, you will be supporting the efforts of the team across a variety of channels, including social media, email marketing/marketing automation, content marketing, website management, events and more.
This is a great opportunity for a junior or entry-level marketing professional looking to gain experience with marketing practices, programs and tools. This role reports to the Director of Digital Marketing.
- Social Media: Day-to-day monitoring of our social media presence across Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, as well as opportunities for participation on Reddit. Includes responding where appropriate, celebrating our community’s successes, first publishes, etc.
- Escalate large support issues as needed.
- Marketing operations: Assist in daily database maintenance tasks, such as removing spam contacts and hard bounces, and monitoring workflows for any performance alerts.
- Website monitoring: Monitor incoming traffic for any concerning patterns (spam packages on site, dips in traffic flow, etc.) and potential site problems. Opportunity to assist with search engine optimization (SEO) monitoring if interested.
- Campaign analytics: assist in pulling reports on campaign and newsletter content performance.
- Manage all general email inquiries, forwarding to support or appropriate marketing personnel as needed.
- Other duties as assigned. Activities may include proofreading marketing content, assisting with preparing for events, monitoring our swag supply and more.
- Tools you will use include: Slack, Zoom, Buffer, TweetDeck, HubSpot, MailChimp, Asana, Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Google Drive and Google Suite.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience1-2 years of marketing or related administrative experience preferred (and/or class work with a focus on marketing).
- Some knowledge of marketing digital tools and techniques, or desire to learnSolid computer skills, including Google Suite products.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and problem-solving skills, with an eye for detail.
- Ability to handle time effectively and prioritize work.
- Ability to balance changing special projects with ongoing job responsibilities.
Our Code of Conduct
Why You Should Join
In joining the npm team, you'll become an important part of a small but dedicated team who enables the world’s largest development ecosystem. We strive to provide a sensible working environment that doesn't ask for or encourage habitual overtime and we offer flexibility in schedule. We have a progressive parental leave policy and vacation time is not just encouraged, but celebrated and enforced. We also understand that healthy schedules lead to better outcomes.
We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we actively seek a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, and people from low-income families.
Where We Can Hire
Our headquarters are in Oakland, California. We can best support you if you can overlap with US time zones. We currently have team members across the US time zones and in the UK, Canada, and Mexico. We cannot currently sponsor new work visas, but we can transfer existing H-1Bs.