About this role
As an early member of the sales team, you have the opportunity to help build a growth machine. You'll not only be prospecting and closing complex enterprise sales, you will also collaborate with the npm team on customer engagement strategies that optimize success for both your customer and npm. We touch many developers, and thousands of businesses. This wealth of existing contact points presents a challenge, and to be successful, you must be focused and comfortable working in a high-velocity sales environment.
You should be familiar with software development practices as well as budget and execution challenges that face your customers who are managers, directors, and VP's in engineering, product development, information security, and at C-level. You'll use that understanding to translate the impact of various solutions to help your customer achieve success. You should have a disciplined approach to sales, and be an effective user of automated sales tools to develop highly personalized and targeted multi-touch outreach. Together, we will help shape an organization designed to drive deal velocity and equip customers to quickly attain their desired goals. This role gives you the unique opportunity to deliver new valuable enterprise capabilities to customers that already recognize, and love using npm.
Working with a diverse team of talented (and fun) individuals, this is your opening to prosper while making web application development faster, more productive, and safer for thousands of businesses and millions of developers.
The position reports to the VP of Sales.
our code of conduct
You'll love this job if you
- have sold enterprise software or SaaS complex sales
- want to help the rest of the npm learn about ways they can help your sales day be more productive
- are creative and compelling in your written and verbal communications
- can adapt your personal engagement style (e.g. challenger, relationship-builder, analyzer, driver) to fit the particular customer and situation
- understand web application development and want to make it better for your customers
- are a structured and strategic negotiator
- don't mind a bit of travel, <25%, and working from our Oakland, CA office most other days