Engineer / Senior Engineer / Architect - Toronto
Toronto, ON /
Professional Services /
At Nrwl we’re a software development team that builds new tools and improves existing tools to help companies scale and modernize their development practices. We mentor and partner with our clients to make them successful and contribute to open-source projects and important content in the ecosystem. Join us!
Why Join Nrwl?
Live and work in places you love
We are a distributed company with central offices in Toronto and Phoenix, but our team is spread all over North America and Europe.
At Nrwl, you get to decide when and how you work best. Whether you want to spend a week working remotely from a coffee-shop in Barcelona, or you're a night owl who wants to work in the evening - it’s your choice. You know what makes you most productive and happy. Do that!
Work on open source tools and help companies use them
Nrwl was founded by two of Google’s former Angular team members with the goal of helping companies develop like Google. Today we are the leading provider of monorepo-style development tools.
What makes us different from many companies is that we build new tools and improve existing tools to help companies scale and modernize their development practices. Nx is one of these tools. Many Fortune 500 companies use it to scale their front-end development.
Work with smart, friendly, and fun people
We don’t care about your resume: where you worked at and how many years of experience you have. What matters most to us is whether you are a great engineer who likes what they do, and whether you can do amazing work.
We aren’t looking for superheroes or rock stars. We are looking for friendly smart people who are fun to work with.
Trust your company and your colleagues
Above all, we value transparency and honesty. Everyone knows how much money the company is making. Everyone knows how much everyone else is making. We don’t have behind the scenes negotiations, departmental silos or company politics.
- Vacation and Sick Days: We want everyone to have fulfilling lives outside work and spend more time with their families and friends. That’s why we provide 4 weeks of vacation and unlimited sick days.
- Competitive Salaries: We pay really well because in addition to providing a great work environment we also want you to live comfortably.
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance:We offer health, dental, and vision plans for all employees. Canadian employees also get an HSA account.
- No Red Tape Attitude Towards Expenses: You can get the best hardware, software, office supplies, books. Anything below $200 does not require a pre-approval. Large purchases will be approved the same day.
- Remote Work: Work from Toronto and Phoenix offices, work from home, work from anywhere you want.
- Open-Source Work: Spend ⅓ of your week contributing to Nx, Angular Console and other open source projects developed by Nrwl.
- Exceptional Career Development: We help you find opportunities to speak at large conferences, write blog posts and books, meet exceptional folks leading software communities. Most of it during work hours. At Nrwl, you will develop your reputation and build important connections.
- We are looking for experienced Angular and React engineers and professionals in the development ecosystem who love programming, love working on large projects, and can work independently without supervision.
- You will spend one third of your time on open source work, our product ‘Nrwl Connect,’ and/or writing books. You will spend the rest of your time working with Fortune 500 companies helping them use our tools, helping them build software that scales like Google, and helping them with their Angular and React applications. This involves mentoring and developing alongside client teams.
To find out about our perks and the benefits of working with Nrwl, visit nrwl.io/careers. You can learn more about some projects we’re working on at Nrwl.io and Blog.Nrwl.io. One of our engineers wrote a fantastic post on working remotely.
Get in touch
You can also email email@example.com and tell us who you are and why you want to work with us!
Nrwl is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re committed to diversity. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including members of sexual minority groups, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, women and aboriginal persons.