People Operations Manager
New York, NY /
Operations – People Operations /
At nTopology, we are passionate about building next-generation engineering solutions. We enable the most innovative engineering companies in the world to transform how they develop, test, and manufacture better products faster. Our software has been used to engineer mission-critical satellites, deliver stronger and lighter medical implants for patients in need, and allow engineers to create complex, high-performance products never before possible. And our technology enables companies to fully utilize advanced manufacturing methods like 3D Printing.
If a fast-paced, collaborative and high-performing environment excites you, we'd love for you to join us. We are looking to add smart ambitious teammates who are passionate about problem-solving and passionate about technology.
Does this sound like you?
nTopology is hiring for a People Operations Manager. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who has a growth-oriented mindset and enjoys evolving people as much as improving processes. You are very confident in your problem-solving and critical-thinking skills, and love getting to put them to use. You see no challenge that cannot be overcome. You can navigate complex people situations and are rightly seen as an honest and trusted People Ops partner by those you work with.
This role will join the Operations team and report to the Director of People.
- Be a reliable source of support, fairness, information, advice for all employees across the company
- Handle onboarding and offboarding of employees, as well as internal promotion and transfer processes
- Partner closely with hiring managers and assist with the recruiting process: defining jobs and specs, providing guidance as needed
- Support full-cycle recruiting, including maintaining the ATS, along with reporting metrics
- Support with visa and green card applications
- Work with managers to find solutions to employee performance issues and handle disciplinary actions as needed
- Assist with the development and implementation of culture initiatives, compensation planning and new benefits plans
- Own payroll for both exempt and non-exempt employees (including regular, off-cycle, bonus, commission, etc payments)
- Ensure effective and good working relationships and exchange of best practices with global employment practices. Actively support management-employee engagement activities.
- Ensure consistency in all execution of employment policies and practices
- Ensure fairness and accuracy in HR documentation & file management, and not afraid of internal audits
- Compliance with all applicable federal, state and local employment laws
- Other related duties to be assigned by the direct supervisor.
- 3-5 years experience in People Operations, HR or related role
- 2-4 years experience in a startup environment
- Experience managing payroll
- Experience with visa applications (TN, J-1, H1B, etc)
- Familiarity with AAP/EEOC reporting, ACA, ADA, FLSA, FMLA and other relevant federal, state, and local laws
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with limited structure and direct supervision
- Strong attention to detail, ability to multitask and problem solve multiple requests simultaneously
- Excellent listening, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills dealing with highly sensitive matters
- Highly organized, strategic thinker
- Good at anticipating needs
- Degree in Human Resources, Psychology or related field
- Experience with NY labor law
- Experience scaling a processes & culture from 70 employees in the US & EU (Germany)
- Experience using Justworks
- Experience using Lever
- Experience using Carta
- Experience using Pingboard
- Experience using OptionImpact
- Experience using Asana
Benefits & Perks:
Competitive Salary & Equity
401(k) with Company Contribution
Health, Dental, & Vision
Weekly Team Lunches & Snacks
Monthly Happy Hour & Team Building Activities
nTopology is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. nTopology is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.