Director, Software Engineering and Technology
Toronto, ON - Remote /
We turn insights into action.
As Canada's leading provider of audience analysis tools for the TV and radio broadcast industry, media agencies, martech firms and more, we help our clients bring data to life. We’ve developed industry first APIs, media trading platforms and data integration systems that drive innovation and growth across the industry.
We could not achieve these accomplishments without our amazing team. We are passionate about hiring individuals who push us to be our best and to do more. We encourage them to speak up and share their ideas. We also support their thirst for training and development to ensure our employees build a strong future along with ours. But we’re not all work; we like to have fun too. An important part of building a cohesive and collaborative team is creating work-life balance. From flexible work hours to Friday social sessions, we know how to have fun. Even in a virtual world, we are constantly finding unique ways to bring us all together including team step challenges, virtual BINGO games, photo and cake decorating contests, online scavenger hunts and more.
The Director, Software Engineering & Technology is responsible for the functions such as software development, architecture, data production, data quality assurance, third-party software configuration management, and technical support. They create and implement a strategic people & technical roadmap that supports, enables and accelerates NLogic’s strategic objectives. This role leads multiple teams that are engaged in the above functions (E.g., Software Engineering, QA, Data Production, and Advanced Technical Support) and is responsible for addressing the people and staffing needs to maintain the exceptional talent that is constantly evolving and developing. In addition, the Director, Software Engineering & Technology is a member of the NLogic’s Leadership Team and contributes to the overall strategic direction of the company, with a particular focus on technology.
- The director is responsible for application integrity, solution architecture and production readiness of the cloud-based analytics products.
- Manages the design, development, maintenance and implementation of syndicated and custom software products to provide reliable solutions using sound Software Engineering techniques.
- Is a key contributor to the overall strategic direction of the company, and creates and implements strategic technology roadmap that enables, supports and accelerates NLogics strategic objectives.
- Manages end to end technical solutions for implementation of multiple complex and complicated initiatives which includes project leadership, defining project scope, creating estimations, implementation timelines, managing quality and deliverables.
- Leads multiple teams by focusing on employee growth, recognition, learning, mentorship and engagement.
- Oversees the team responsible for Implementing and optimizing quality assurance processes for both software release and data production.
- Oversees advanced technical customer support function and aims to achieve high customer satisfaction by quickly resolving technical issues in the aspects such as software installation, configuration, data imports and more.
Education & Certifications
- Undergraduate degree required
Skills & Experience
- More than 10 years and up to 15 years in Software engineering, architecture, development.
- 5 to 7 years of experience managing, mentoring and developing multiple teams.
What is in it for you?
- Be part of an evolutionary journey in the audience measurement and data space; work on exciting projects, add value & make a positive impact to our Company.
- Competitive salary, benefits package and group savings and retirement program. (Health and Dental employer paid premiums).
- Flexible Work location (on-site offices in Toronto, Montreal and Richmond, remote – work from home, hybrid as required per role).
- Flexible Summer Hours Program between May - September.
- Paid Time Off during the holiday’s closure between Christmas & New Year’s Day.
- Education Reimbursement: For those wishing to pursue additional professional development, funding up to $1000 per year is offered (some conditions apply).
- Continuous learning and development via Percipio, our Learning Management System.
- Be part of additional programs such as MentorMe, which helps our employee’s network, and grow within the organization.
- Leadership Training offerings for new and emerging leaders.
- Employee Wellness Programs: EFAP, Virtual Goodlife Yoga Sessions, Mental Health Program and Support e.g. Not Myself Today through CAMH.
- Employee Recognition program using Teamo Points Platform.
- Employee Appreciation Events via CultureClub to celebrate ALL of our Employees.
- Culture of great teams, coworkers and supportive leadership.
- Perkopolis: Participation in a program that provides exclusive discounts on products and services to employees. Perks include shopping discounts, movie tickets, services, event/show tickets and much more!
Stronger together, Strive for better, Always learn, Be passionate
NLogic is an equal opportunity employer
We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and work environment. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the People & Culture department if any accommodations are needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.