Customer Success Manager
Orange County, CA
On January 3rd of this year, we started Numero. We didn’t have code and we didn’t have customers but we had an idea: what if we could build the financial software that powers our democracy?
Running for office is hard work – the outdated software that runs campaigns makes it even harder. We believe it doesn’t have to be that way. That’s why we’re building Numero, a modern financial platform that elected officials and candidates at all levels of public office use to manage the $4.5 billion in annual payment processing, accounting, and compliance for their political campaigns.
Inspired by the current state of politics, there’s been a 40% increase in the number of people running for office. People from every background imaginable have stepped up to run, including our CEO, Brian, who ran for Congress last year. Our other two co-founders, Susie and Karan, led finance and technology on his campaign. They experienced the painful process of manually stitching together critical finance and compliance data using outdated campaign software.
Our mission is to liberate hard working candidates, campaign staff, and volunteers from that painful process, letting them focus on their most important work: talking with voters and representing their communities.
An idea just nine short months ago, today more than 85 campaigns, including Members of Congress and Senate candidates, depend on our software to raise the much-needed funds that fuel their campaigns.
Admittedly, we’re just as surprised at how quickly Numero has grown. It’s being used in the most important races in the country and we need your help.
About the Job
We’re hiring for a Customer Success Manager to provide a remarkable experience for our customers (think Apple or Nordstrom) and build the foundation of our Customer Success team. Over the next 15 months (election day), we want our software to help more than 200 campaigns -- the support you provide and the team that you lead will play a critical role in reaching that goal and becoming a trusted advisor to our customers.
We are looking for someone who we can count on to learn about our products and customers, and help us build a growing business with happy customers.
Within the first month, you’ll learn about our products and customers by:
- Joining product sales demos to see why our customers love our products and customer on-board meetings to see how our customers want to use our products;
- Shadowing a customer for a day to learn their pain points;
- Reading and responding to customer support inquiries to understand where our customers need help;
- Writing product support articles to ensure that our customers are getting the most out of our products.
Within the third month, you’ll be supporting our customers and helping them to find success with our products by:
- Taking responsibility for the customer journey with Numero, starting with onboarding and helping the customer use our products within each customer’s unique processes and needs;
- Providing remarkable (think Apple or Nordstrom) customer service and support via emails, phone calls, and building relationships that help us become trusted partners to our customers;
- Understanding the root cause of customer issues and finding the right solutions for that problem, including coordinating with the technical and sales teams at Numero to provide the best possible solution;
- Recommending new product features based on customer feedback;
- Developing a health score for each customer to determine each customer's satisfaction with our products and ensure our customers accomplish their goals using our platform.
Within the sixth month, you’ll understand our company and develop a robust strategy for repeatable processes and customer success by:
- Documenting Numero customer success process, from onboard to active usage to ongoing support;
- Proposing and executing new projects and initiatives that will help bring efficiencies and best practices to our customers and to Numero;
- Creating a customer success dashboard to help us support customers and stay on top of potential churn as our organization grows;
- Working alongside the CEO, CFO, and Chief of Staff, to understand the Company growth plan, and helping plan the Customer Success team strategy to support that growth;
- Hiring customer success associates to grow the team, and train them on the processes that you’ve developed!
We’re looking for someone who loves problem-solving, is passionate about helping people, and enjoys making complicated situations simple and painless. You ask questions of the customer and the team to help you process and resolve issues quickly. You are a stellar communicator, even when you have to communicate less-than-stellar news. You love being a part of a team, and building teams that emphasize each member’s strengths and provide as much support to each other as we do for our customers.
We’ll teach you to be a superuser of our products, but experience working with formulas in Excel or Google Sheets is needed. We’re looking for someone who wants to help shape what customer success at Numero looks like, working directly with the co-founders who will provide regular feedback and mentorship.
You might be a former campaign finance staff member, a writer, worked in retail, or spent your career in technology - we just want you to bring your skills to your love of supporting people. We need someone who has a strong sense of their place in history and wants to make an impact on the most important election in modern times.
We’re a team of technologists, software engineers, and financial professionals who have previously founded and scaled several startups. Our CEO, Brian, was a Senior Tech Advisor in the Obama White House, taught at MIT, and co-founded one of the largest phone companies in Nicaragua. Our CTO, Karan, oversaw the technical infrastructure of 80 campaigns last cycle and is a 3x startup CTO. Our CFO, Susie, was the Corporate VP of Finance & Accounting for AECOM, an 87,000-person company.
We’re backed by Y Combinator and Initialized Capital, and you’ll have the opportunity to work with our prominent angel investors with deep experience in politics and technology, including the co-founders and leaders of Instagram, Reddit, TaskRabbit, Codecademy, Netflix, and WIRED.
We believe our democracy is strongest when it’s represented by the diversity of our country. Similarly, we believe the strength of our company will come from the diversity of our employees – that's why we've worked hard to ensure that our cap table is fully diverse and that half of our angel investors are women. If you share our values and enthusiasm for strengthening our democracy, you’ll be at home at Numero!
What We Offer
We are a small, tight-knit, and diverse team building products that are used every day by some of our country’s most important elected leaders and their staff. In addition to offering challenging projects and rewarding work, we offer competitive salaries and generous equity.
We know that early employees like you are taking a chance on us as much as we are on you, so we compensate you accordingly! We also want to empower you to do the best work of your career. To do that, we provide the following benefits:
*Flexible PTO (including a minimum of two weeks of required leave each year)
*Top shelf medical, dental, and vision benefits
*Eight weeks of paid parental leave
*A premium tech setup – laptop, monitor, and accessories
*Weekly Instacart order to get healthy snacks and drinks at the office
*Most exciting of all, you’ll have the opportunity to work closely with our founding team and angel investors who have deep experience at the intersection of politics and technology.
Are you ready to join the team that builds the software that powers our democracy? Then apply through the link below – we'd love to hear from you!