Lead Software Engineer
We’re looking for a Lead Software Engineer with extensive experience building high performance SaaS systems. In this role, you will be working cross functionally with the product and engineering teams on a wide variety of projects that power NuORDER’s unique platform.
Our Lead Software Engineer will help to design, build, and maintain our B2B commerce platform that helps retailers and brands alike by digitizing and streamlining the buying process and taking selling to the next level.
You're also going to work on other major parts of our growing and blossoming platform, and will be joining an amazing, friendly, and diverse team. Engineers at NuORDER work closely with the product and design team, and think about problems from our customers' perspective to devise the best solutions. You may work remotely across the U.S.
- 7+ years of software development experience with 3+ years on a large SaaS project.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals - Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science / related Engineering discipline
- Engineering leadership skills - you are able to run a small team, to take ownership and to drive projects to success.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, team player, enjoy learning and teaching
- Test-driven development experience is a must have.
- Experienced building large scale solutions on AWS or GCP Clouds. Kubernetes and Docker experience is a plus.
- Strong programming skills in Go or Node.js. Java or Python is ok too.
- Solid understanding of backend technologies and architecture - RESTful API design, message driven applications, data ingestion, ETL, micro-services, relational/non-relational DBs ( Bigtable, MongoDB, PostgreSQL), concurrency, scaling, big data, security, etc.
- Strong Front End technology skills in React and Typescript are a plus.
NuORDER is the leading wholesale eCommerce platform. Brands use NuORDER to deliver a seamless, more collaborative wholesale process, where buyers can browse products, plan assortments and make smarter buys in real-time. The NuORDER platform was engineered with flexibility and scale in mind, empowering businesses of all sizes with enterprise-level technology. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California; NuORDER connects more than 2,500 brands and 500,000 retailers globally, helping them grow and win together. For more information, visit www.nuorder.com
We’re creative, innovative, and helping businesses become more efficient. Ensuring that each member of our team feels fulfilled and on track to become the very best employee they can be is important - and we encourage our people to discover new ways of achieving specific goals. We fully believe that each and every individual part of our organization provides value, a new perspective and progress to NuORDER’s growth and success. Come join us so we can build together!
NuORDER offers a competitive salary and benefits package complete with medical, dental & vision insurance, a matching 401k program, equity, flexible PTO & a wide array of holidays. We also offer paid parental leave.