Retail Client Director
New York, NY /
We are looking for a strategic, self-motivated, and experienced client manager for our major retail clients. This individual will be responsible for retaining major retail clients and driving customer success strategy. The ideal candidate will have a strong track record in client management/retail consulting with a very well rounded view of the retail landscape. Experience with a major retailer is preferred.
The role will report to our Head of Retail.
Please note: Strong preference for candidates on the East Coast.
- Own Product adoption, Revenue, and Customer Retention for key retail partnerships.
- Drive customer growth to deliver more value, revenue, and retention with retail partners.
- Be an expert in your customers' business; understanding their business objectives, merchandising processes/systems and working with them to have NuORDER support their needs/goals each step of the way. Develop long-term relationships quickly with customers, including C-Suite/executive level, to drive near and long term vision for strategic partnership.
- Partner with the product team to define the product roadmap based retail account goals, and brand/retailer feedback.
- Partner with cross functional brand partners to steer brand strategy to identify key values for brands.
- Manage and execute day-to-day operations, leverage technology and constant process improvements to gain efficiency and scale.
- Own retail account reporting, including C-level meetings with our retail partners to drive transparency across our organizations.
- Be an expert in your customers' business; understanding their business objectives, merchandising processes/systems and working with them to have NuORDER support their needs/goals each step of the way.
- Operate as the main point of contact, taking personal responsibility to make sure any questions or issues get resolved.
- Devise and drive customer success strategy; including giving presentations to communicate the benefits of NuORDER, developing the communication plan, driving the tactical piece, and engaging leadership to drive commitment.
- A passion for driving change across the industry and retail merchandising.
- 7+ years of client management experience with a well rounded view of the retail landscape. Experience with a major retailer preferred.
- Education BA/BS required; MBA, a plus.
- Experience in overseeing/managing project implementation across multiple stakeholders.
- Strong experience managing teams across multiple offices and functions.
- Strong strategic thinking and ability to translate strategy into operational plans in a technology-enabled company.
- Unparalleled business judgment and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to quickly establish highest value priorities and develop a strategy to pursue them.
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders in an ever-changing, rapid growth environment with tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to build trust quickly, navigate difficult conversations comfortably, and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Comfortable multi-tasking and juggling competing/changing priorities in a fast-paced, ever-evolving, entrepreneurial startup environment.
- Experience working across/consulting C-Level executives.
- Ability to think beyond the status quo with a can-do attitude and an appetite for success.
- Self motivated, high energy and motivational leadership is driven with peers and senior leaders across all company functions.
NuORDER is the leading wholesale eCommerce platform. Brands &Retailers use NuORDER to deliver a seamless, more collaborative wholesale process, where buyers can browse products, plan assortments and make smarter buys in real-time. The NuORDER platform was engineered with flexibility and scale in mind, empowering businesses of all sizes with enterprise-level technology. Headquartered in Los Angeles, California; NuORDER connects more than 3,000 brands and 500,000 retailers globally, helping them grow and win together. For more information, visit www.nuorder.com
We’re creative, innovative, and helping businesses become more efficient. Ensuring that each member of our team feels fulfilled and on track to become the very best employee they can be is important - and we encourage our people to discover new ways of achieving specific goals. We fully believe that each and every individual part of our organization provides value, a new perspective and progress to NuORDER’s growth and success. Come join us so we can build together!
NuORDER offers a competitive salary and benefits package complete with health, dental, and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, stock options, work from home reimbursement and generous/flexible PTO.