Scientist I, Lead Discovery
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated scientist with strong expertise in Biochemistry to join our Lead Discovery team.
You will engage in establishing and supporting early drug discovery efforts targeting E3 ligases in the areas of Oncology and Immuno-Oncology, by utilizing the mechanistic and structural insights to guide drug discovery efforts. You will conceive and conduct experiments to support early discovery including lead compound identification and elucidation of the mechanism of action of small molecule drug candidate targets in the ubiquitin proteasome system.
You will work closely with scientists from cross-functional disciplines and present findings to project teams and senior management. You should have a strong desire to learn new techniques and the ability to incorporate new methodologies into your work.
Ideally, you will be self-driven, highly organized, focused and enjoy being a part of a dynamic team in a project-based environment solving challenging scientific problems to benefit patients.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Structural Biology, Biophysics or related field with 2-5 years of post-degree experience and previous experience in ubiquitin biology
- Strong background with hands-on experience in interrogating protein-protein or protein-ligand interaction
- Expertise in general biochemical and molecular biology techniques including protein expression and purification
- Experience in the development, optimization and execution of various biochemical and biophysical binding and activity assays
- Prior experience in small molecule structure-based drug discovery to advance therapeutic program is a plus
- A strong track record (publications, industry experience) with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Strongly aligned to Nurix’s culture and values; team-oriented and highly collaborative with a hands-on approach