Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry
Join us in the most challenging and rewarding science of our lives.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated individual with a strong background in synthetic organic chemistry to join our medicinal chemistry group in the pursuit of novel small molecules. You will engage in rational structure-based drug discovery enabled by our computational and structural biology group. Specifically, you will design and synthesize novel chemical entities optimized for potency, selectivity, pharmacokinetics and in vivo efficacy. As a member of a dynamic multi-disciplinary project team, you will collaborate with a broad group of scientists within Nurix and with external collaborators. Additionally, you will contribute effectively to patent, report and scientific publication writing.
You should have a strong desire to learn new techniques and incorporate new methodologies into your work. You must be self-driven, resourceful, organized and focused, and enjoy being a part of a dynamic team in a project-based environment solving challenging scientific problems to benefit patients.
- Ph.D. in synthetic organic chemistry
- High level of creativity, productivity and independence, with strong synthetic problem-solving skills
- Proven track record of innovative project contributions including peer-reviewed publications
- Excellent scientific expertise in organic synthesis, conversant with the current literature
- Ability to champion the chemistry efforts into new directions to achieve project milestones
- Excellent communication skills and able to present the rationale, key data, issues and accomplishments of the chemistry efforts to other members of the department
- Successful application of structure-based drug design leading to advanced leads / development candidates or strong desire to deeply learn the principles of structure-based design (including knowledge of molecular interactions and conformational and structural analysis, as well as computational design tools)
- Knowledge of medicinal chemistry principles or strong motivation to deeply learn key principles (such as ADME, biochemical, and pharmacological principles) and effectively integrate them toward optimization of multiple parameters during lead generation and lead optimization efforts
In addition to your resume, please include a two-page research summary that highlights the above stated qualifications.