Scientist, DNA Encoded Chemistry
Drug Discovery Technologies
We are seeking a talented and motivated chemist with a strong background in synthetic organic chemistry and DNA encoded chemistry to join our Discovery Technologies team.
Specifically, you will join a small group whose primary focus will be to design and synthesize DNA encoded libraries and utilize these libraries to identify novel chemical matter with the potential to modulate the activity of UPS targets. You will have demonstrated experience in synthetic organic chemistry and analytical methods. Experience with aqueous chemistry and/or linker chemistry related to the synthesis of drug conjugates is highly preferred. As a member of a dynamic multi-disciplinary project team, you will collaborate with a broad group of scientists within Nurix as well as with external collaborators.
You should have a strong desire to learn new techniques and incorporate new methodologies into your work. You must be self-driven, resourceful, organized and focused, and enjoy being a part of a dynamic team in a project-based environment solving challenging scientific problems to benefit patients.
- Ph.D. in synthetic organic chemistry with 0-4 years industrial chemistry experience.
- Expert in synthetic organic chemistry methods and analytical tools, in particular, LCMS.
- Familiarity with principles and practice of DNA encoded library technology.
- Interest in optimizing chemical reactions for use in library synthesis.
- High level of creativity and productivity with strong synthetic problem-solving skills.
- Solid track record of scientific accomplishment demonstrated by publications, patents, or presentations.
- Excellent communication skills and able to present the rationale, key data, issues and accomplishments of the chemistry efforts to other members of the company.
- Demonstrated competence with manipulating large data-files and familiarity with the tools necessary to effectively organize, visualize and distill structure data to facilitate rapid decision making.
- Experience using software tools such as Spotfire, Vortex, Excel, J Chem, ChemDraw.
Please include a two-page research summary that highlights the above required qualifications along with your resume.