Lead Product Designer
San Francisco, CA
At Nurx, we’re creating a future where healthcare is easily accessible and affordable for everyone. We are building a platform that empowers people to be in control of their health, and make informed decisions about their own bodies.
Nurx enables doctors to give more patients personalized care at lower costs; and patients can receive prescriptions delivered straight to their door. We are committed to revolutionizing the healthcare system and increasing access to healthcare for millions across the country, starting with birth control and PrEP. That’s where you come in!
We're looking for an experienced Design Lead to join our rapidly-growing Product Team in San Francisco. You’ll work closely with the VP of Product and Engineering & Product teams to help set the vision for Nurx’s design systems, processes, and tools. Ultimately, you’ll be the point-person for creating consistent and compelling user experiences across native mobile apps, web apps, email, and more.
Sound like a match? Let’s talk!
What You'll Do:
- Lead the vision for the design of the Nurx platform and have direct input on what’s upcoming on the Product roadmap
- Create a delightful end-user experience for patients on the platform that clearly communicates brand values. Be an advocate for details and quality.
- Apply user-centered design concepts to create efficient workflows for the Providers, Pharmacists, and Operations teams managing customer requests behind the scenes
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering to build, test, and validate solutions, leveraging performance metrics to guide design
- Own consumer research at Nurx. Plan, lead and synthesize user research to better understand and address the needs of our users
- Develop a design system for the company, creating language and patterns that will allow designers and engineers to ship consistent, high quality product that communicate the brand
- Be a champion for the system, clearly communicating with and getting buy-in from Product and Engineering
- Mentor and provide feedback to other members of the Design Team. The position may lead to an opportunity to manage a team of designers
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Product or UX Designer with a strong portfolio that illustrates user-centered design thinking including examples of web and mobile applications
- Bonus points if you’ve designed complex logistics systems.
- You think in terms of systems - you see how all parts fit together and how any change effects the overall system and ultimately translates into user experiences.
- You have the ability to create foundations to a system that is extensible by others in a design org
- You’re a user advocate, love to make decisions based on data, and have a passion for prototyping your solutions as part of the design process
- Experience shipping your designs in a fast-paced, iterative development process. Startup experience is a plus.
- You are comfortable articulating and recommending trade offs between flexible, general design and specific, pointed design systems