Senior Back-End Engineer
San Francisco, CA
A future where healthcare is accessible and affordable for everyone. A future where patients are in control and can make informed decisions about their own bodies. A future where doctors can give more patients personalized care at lower costs. We’re building towards that future and empowering and educating our patients to take control of their own healthcare!
Nurx is looking for a top notch backend developer to build our API framework and the platform that powers prescribing and fulfillment. Candidates for this role will be passionate about system design, well written code, and testing, and excel at coming up with simple approaches to complex problems.
- Designing and building APIs to power our Ember webapp, native apps, and other clients
- Develop our internal API framework
- Write automated tests
- Write tools to improve the developer experience
- Participate in code reviews
- Mentor junior engineers
- Write readable, maintainable, testable, and performant code
- Experince with micro-service architecture
- Strong architecture and system design skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with relational databases
- Experience writing automated tests
- 2+ years experience writing APIs that are:
- - External facing
- - Consumed by multiple internal teams
- - BS in Computer Science, Math, or equivalent work experience.
- - 4+ years of experience
- Multiple years experience working in a startup environment at a company with high growth
Our mission is to increase access to healthcare. We believe that control over your own healthcare is a human right, and something everyone deserves. We want to challenge the status quo and break down unnecessary barriers. Come join us!
This position is full-time and based in San Francisco.