Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner
San Francisco, CA or Remote
Nurx is building a core clinical team driven by our mission to empower patients to put the healthcare system back to work for them. We are looking for full-time physician assistant or nurse practitioner who wants to be at the forefront of a new model of care delivery and who are ready to push the envelope of telemedicine care just a little bit.
- The majority of the time will be spent in direct patient care via telemedicine - both making prescribing decisions and providing medication-related counseling as needed
- The physician assistant or nurse practitioner will be one of the main care providers for our patients.
- The physician assistant or nurse practitioner may also contribute to other areas of the business related to clinical care, such as development of counseling resources for patients, new service lines, process improvement, and audits of clinical quality and operations
- An SF-Bay Area based physician assistant or nurse practitioner is preferred, though qualified remote physician assistants or nurse practitioner will be considered. The remote physician assistant or nurse practitioner should be able to work from the company’s San Francisco office at least 2-4 weeks per year
- The physician assistant or nuse practitioner will begin with a part-time work trial but is expected to transition to full time if the trial is successful for both the physician and the Nurx clinical team
- Physician assistant or nurse practitioner in good standing, board-eligible or board-certified
- Primary care specialty preferred (Family Medicine, OB/GYN, Internal Medicine, or Preventive Medicine)
- Active Califorinia, New York, or New Jersey license required (licenses in FL, GA, IL, or TN a big plus!)
- Must be willing and eligible to apply for licensure in all 50 states
- No restrictions on your ability to be credentialed with Medicaid or other partners
- Comfort prescribing both birth control and Truvada for PrEP (or willingness to learn)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills - Spanish speaking a plus
You may be a great fit if you are...
- Skilled at using online tools and technology to deliver care and communicate with patients
- Enthusiastic about providing unparalleled clinical customer service through the delivery of prompt and empathetic care to our patients
- Comfortable supervising mid-level providers including the provision of clinical guidance as needed and routine and timely chart review
- Excited to work in a fast-paced startup environment where you occasionally may be asked to work in nontraditional roles and where processes may change quickly and frequently
- Eager to engage in constant process improvement to help us refine our tools and operations for improved care delivery
Nurx (http://app.nurx.co/) is an exciting startup based in San Francisco aiming to revolutionize the way basic healthcare services are delivered to patients. We have developed a cutting edge telemedicine platform that streamlines care for both patients and providers, enabling an accessible and scalable service that has already delighted many thousands of patients and is poised to benefit millions more across the nation.
Patients are ready for healthcare delivery that matches the innovation and accessibility they’ve come to expect from other service sectors, and Nurx is putting that capability in their hands.
We currently offer two service lines: birth control (both regular pills, patches, and rings as well as emergency contraception) and Truvada for PrEP. Patients access the service through our mobile- and desktop-friendly website. In the near future, patients will also be able to access our service through native apps. We currently provide services in CA, DC, IL, FL, MA, MI, MN, NY, NJ, PA, TX, WA, VA.