Product Manager (Spanish & English fluency required)
New York, New York
Nuvocargo is reinventing the dusty $2 trillion dollar freight forwarding industry. We use technology to help companies move their cargo more efficiently between North and South America, starting with Mexico <-> US cross-border trucking.
We are looking for a scrappy & entrepreneurial Product Manager to join our product team in New York City at Nuvocargo to help define product vision and strategy by bridging the gap between our operations and engineering teams.
We are a Y Combinator and venture-backed startup headquartered in New York City with funding from some of the world’s best investors including the founders of Rappi and the ex-CMO of Cabify. Our team includes a wide range of engineering, design, and business talent that has scaled over 20+ venture-backed startups and raised over $1.7bn of venture capital in the US and in Latin America.
What we are looking for
An entrepreneurial, passionate, and obsessive learner to join as Product Manager in our NYC offices to define product vision and strategy for automation in a massive industry that is finally undergoing digitization.
You need to have a hunger for proving yourself, thrive in uncertain situations, be a quick & deliberate decision maker, and a leader that can inspire and recruit those who are even more qualified than you.
Required Skills & Experience
- You have 3+ years of product management experience in startup environments
- You’ve shipped successful products across multiple platforms (web, iOS, android)
- You have experience in a KPI-driven environment and have set successful goals
- You have cross-functional leadership skills within a user-centered design process
- You are ideally fluent in both English and Spanish and are excited to innovate on processes for an old school industry
- You enjoy working with developers and designers in an agile, fast-paced environment
- You are skilled at ruthless prioritization and creating structure out of ambiguous situations and processes
- You are data-driven and have an analytics-driven mindset in making product decisions
- You are willing to jump in and build/implement simple solutions to the problems you have which can then be extrapolated into engineering tasks.
What you're going to do
- Define product vision and strategy based on an in-depth understanding of our users, business, and industry
- Set KPIs and prioritize roadmaps to move the needle with cross-functional engineering, design, and ops teams
- Champion the needs and problems of our users to deliver innovative, industry-transforming products
- Manage product execution to ship quality products – write specs, coordinate across teams, run A/B tests, and interview users
- Collaborate with designers and engineers to determine the best solutions
- Work directly with the CEO, CTO, and executive team to define and achieve critical business and product milestones
- You will have tremendous impact on our company culture and trajectory working closely with the founders and early team members
What we offer
- An opportunity to revolutionize the industry of freight forwarding in North & South America with one of the fastest growing start-ups in the sector
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A chance to innovate and build surrounded by a group of talented and fun colleagues