Mexico, Mexico /
Nuvocargo is reinventing the $2 trillion freight forwarding industry. We are a digital-first freight forwarder using a mix of technology and exceptional service to help companies seamlessly move products across the Americas, starting with the biggest trade lane in the world: Mexico <-> USA.
International logistics is the multi-trillion dollar connective tissue of the world economy, but it's been slow to leverage the power of technology; it's finally going digital, and Nuvocargo is playing a big role in driving this historic shift.
We're growing quickly, and are backed by some of the world's best investors from both Silicon Valley and Latin America such as NFX (Silicon Valley fund with $10bn in exits), ALLVP (Leading Mexico & LatAm fund), Y Combinator (~1% acceptance rate, created $150bn worth of startups), and angels who have built, exited, or currently sit on the board of companies worth over $30 billion.
Our DNA is comprised of four very distinct worlds and cultures: Silicon Valley, Logistics, Latin America, and USA. If you are excited about being at the intersection of these worlds and modernizing an industry that accounts for 12%+ of global GDP, read on...
The opportunity for you:
As the first Product Manager in our Mexico office, you will have the unique opportunity to guide the product vision and own the execution on that vision for two key parts of our business: our shipper experience and the tools that our internal teams use to accelerate our growth. You'll have direct impact on the bottom line for rapidly scaling startup solving real problems. Nuvocargo isn’t just about moving cargo. This is about empowering millions of people by changing the way they work and impacting a multi-trillion dollar industry.
You'll work with the Head of Product as well as key internal and external stakeholders to figure out what matters the most to our users, prioritize product problems and articulate trade-offs, brainstorm and design solutions, drive execution, and learn continuously from our users. You'll collaborate with our world class EPD team led by veterans who have held senior product and engineering positions early on at companies like Dropbox ($10B+) and Common (raised $100m+)to shape the direction of our shipper offering and internal tools, in an industry where the average customer NPS is negative or very low, and where most internal processes do not rely on modern software tools to unlock revenue growth and a superior customer experience.
You’ll report directly to our Head of Product. This is a full-time role based in Mexico City, but remote for the next few months due to COVID.
Who are you?
- You speak both English & Spanish fluently. For this particular role at Nuvocargo, seamlessly switching between English & Spanish is a must. A typical day could involve talking to key customers in Mexico in Spanish and working with our executive team in USA in English.
- You have at least 2 years experience working as a product manager. You have experience in building web or mobile apps users love. You've experienced the different stages of the software development lifecycle, from research and scoping to launch and maintenance. You're ready to take that experience and own execution and roadmaps for two product verticals.
- You move with speed. You move incredibly fast, making decisions and overcoming obstacles with speed. You can ruthlessly prioritize and make speedy decisions that take into account qualitative and quantitative data, user needs, business goals, and company resources.
- You create structure out of ambiguity. Logistics is a complex industry with multiple stakeholders involved in every transaction. You will thrive here if you can extract structured insights and determine product priorities by merely observing and conversing with our stakeholders.
- You use data to drive decisions. You’re in the habit of articulating and measuring your progress using qualitative and quantitative data and using this data to inform and refine your approach.
- You are both a great communicator and listener. You are great at synthesizing inputs from different sources; you speak and write clearly, concisely, and with a structure that gets everyone on the same page when things feel messy.
- You are open to relocating to Mexico City. You will be critical in seeding the product, design, and engineering culture of our Mexico offices.
- You are passionate about making an impact in the Latin American startup ecosystem. You want to have a direct impact in establishing Nuvocargo's EPD org as one that bridges the gaps between Silicon Valley startups and the Latin American startup ecosystem.
This will NOT be a good fit for you if:
- You love to ideate, but you don't love to do. We expect you to make things happen by combining a strategic mindset with a bias towards action.
- You have a fixed mindset. We have an entrepreneurial culture and look for a self-starter who can readily acknowledge mistakes, own them, fix them, and learn from them in short cycles.
- You want to work with only "tech" folks. Modernizing an industry like logistics requires patience and empathy; you need to be excited about surprising and delighting stakeholders that come from a world outside of Silicon Valley.
What you'll do in a typical week:
- Build and manage the roadmap for two of our product verticals: Shipper Experience and Internal Tools and collaborate with the Engineering, Design, Marketing, Operations & Sales leaders to execute on this vision.
- Ideate, wireframe, prioritize, and ship features of products for customers moving millions of dollars worth of product between Mexico and USA.
- Manage conversion rate optimization and engagement strategy, including ideation, planning, testing, optimization, and reporting.
- Perform in-depth data analysis to identify and propose high-impact testing opportunities.
- Product brainstorming sessions with our C-suite, founders, engineers, operations teams, and designers on the strategy of our shipper and internal team products.
- Iterate on product decisions with engineers and designers to strike the balance of shipping quickly, making user impact, and writing maintainable code.
- Lead business development initiatives that have a synergistic accompaniment with new feature developments.
- Video call with key stakeholders and customers in both Mexico and USA to understand their pain points in moving freight across the biggest trade lane in the world: Mexico <> USA.
- Generate specifications for features and initiatives that clearly reflect the learnings from our customers, align with our overarching strategy, and set our teams up for successful execution.
What we offer
- A unique & fun culture at the intersection of Latin America and Silicon Valley
- Competitive salary and stock options
- The opportunity to shape the technological foundations of a venture backed company
- A chance to join the ground floor of a well funded, fast-growing startup that is modernizing an industry critical to the global economy.
Read more about us here: www.nuvocargo.com/about and feel free to reach out with any questions to our Founder/CEO directly: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to working with you!