Carrier Sales Representative
Nuvocargo is reinventing the dusty $2 trillion dollar freight forwarding industry. We use technology to help companies move their cargo more efficiently between North and South America, starting with Mexico <-> US cross-border trucking.
We are looking for a scrappy & entrepreneurial Carrier Sales Representative to join our operations team at Nuvocargo to help build, grow, and manage our network of cross-border trucking carriers in Mexico and USA.
We are a Y Combinator and venture-backed startup headquartered in New York City with funding from some of the world’s best investors including the founders of Rappi and the ex-CMO of Cabify. Our team includes a wide range of engineering, design, and business talent that has scaled over 20+ venture-backed startups and raised over $1.7bn of venture capital in the US and in Latin America.
What we are looking for
An entrepreneurial, passionate, and obsessive learner to join as Carrier Sales Representative to build, lead, grow, and manage our Mexico <→ US carrier relationships and freight operations, based in our Mexico City offices.
You need to have a hunger for proving yourself, thrive in uncertain situations, be a quick & deliberate decision maker, and a leader that can inspire and recruit those who are even more qualified than you.
Required skills & experience
- You have 1-5+ years experience in transportation management or freight brokerage/forwarding in the Mexico → US trade route - startup or tech experience is a huge plus.
- You feel comfortable handling a load end to end (quoting, booking, documentation, troubleshooting) in the Mexico → US lane.
- You have excellent communication (both English & Spanish) and organizational skills.
- You have strong project management experience, ideally having led small or large teams
- You have exceptional business judgment and critical thinking skills
- You have a track record of building, leading, and developing high performing teams
- You have connections or ties to the Mexico/US logistics/supply chain ecosystem (carriers, customs brokers, border authorities, 3PL’s)
- [Optional: You have experience as a carrier sales representative at a traditional freight broker/forwarder focused on USA/Mexico].
What you’re going to do
- Source and manage carrier relationships in line with the needs of our customers
- Train new carriers, 3PL’s, and customs brokers on how to use our product and improve their performance
- Utilize negotiation skills to ensure we’re moving freight at the optimal cost and help with our customer quoting process
- Collaborate with key carriers to help them grow their businesses in partnership with our company
- Partner with customer experience to manage any issues that come up during the operation of the freightInnovate and refine operational processes to enable team growth and efficiency
- Assist teammates with problems while also managing your own work.
- Work with other sales & operations team leads to streamline processes.
- You will have tremendous impact on our company culture and trajectory working closely with the founders and early team members
What we offer
- An opportunity to revolutionize the industry of freight forwarding in North & South America with one of the fastest growing start-ups in the sector
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A chance to innovate and build surrounded by a group of talented and fun colleagues